“Luxurious property in great location”

Prince de Galles Hotel
Ranked #45 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Denver
“Luxurious property in great location”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My daughter and I went to Paris for a mother daughter getaway and decided to spurge on our accomodations. We used a combination of cash and points and stayed at the Prince de Galles. It is a lovely hotel right off the Champs Elysees. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms are luxurious and charming with incredible amenities. The nespresso machine was a favorite of mine. The bed was very very comfortable and the sheets were obviously of very high caliber. We had a bathtub/shower with a high step to get in (similar to a lot of european hotels). There were hand rails to hold on to. There is an incredible bakery just a block away where we bought quite a few treats. The metro is easy to use and one block away. We took the train/metro to the hotel from the airport. If you have a lot of luggage that is probably not an ideal way to travel as there are many steps. I travel to Paris about every two years and will certainly plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor which had steps leading up to it from the lobby so we did not need...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank KP303
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear KPDenver!

Thank you so much for all your kind words. It is a sincere enlightenment to know that the Prince de Galles made you "mother daughter getaway" memorable.

Your detailed review will be very useful to other guest and I have shared all your positive comments with my teams.

See you in two years in your Parisian Home!
Warmest regards,

Simon Rusconi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the prince de galles for one evening after spending time in the champagne region and wishes we could have stayed longer. The hotel was beautiful and the location exceptional. We will return.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Debra,

Allow me to kindly thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon for another Parisian experience and please consider us as your Home away from Home!

Remaining at your entire disposal, I wish you a beautiful day.
Best regards,

Seoul
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, next door to George V A Four seasons hotel, close to everything including Arc de Triomphe and Champ-elysee ans walking distance to Eiffel tower. Beautiful yet well thought-out room decorations and fine amenities. Try rooms with balcony. Glasses of Champagne under Paris moon and/or Breakfast with tasty croissant at a balcony overlooking the George V street in Paris wouldn't be a dream? Rooms are a bit small though. The restaurant at the hotel, La Scene had beautiful service but I think food there need to change. I went to net door restaurant, Le Cinq, one of the finest French restaurant in France and felt that the food at La Scene were very much like it at a price a bit lower. If La scene had food differentiate themselves by trying something different like fusion Asian or anything would've been much better.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bduckk!

I sincerely thank you for your interesting comments. The title you gave to your review means a lot to me! I am delighted to read your kind words about your recent stay and I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon to let you experience a Parisian dream...

Please note that as soon as we can we are delighted to upgrade reservations to larger rooms or suites.

Very truly yours,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

spent 5 very enjoyable nights at the PDG in a balcony room, its an exceptional hotel and just how a hotel should be and a very personal experience. The staff are so helpful and so kind they are truly amazing. There is nothing negative to say about this hotel at all its a truly great experience and one that i cannot compare to my stays elsewhere.
Looking forward to the next stay, great location on Ave George V and close to everywhere you need to be, a little pricey but completely worth every penny.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms facing Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jonny,

Thank you very much for chosing the Prince de Galles for your recent stay in Paris!

Your kind words about your own experience will be so useful to other guests. It is a sincere pleasure to read that you call us an "exceptional hotel" with "very personal experience". Those feedbacks are really important to me and have been shared with my team.

I wish you a beautiful day & I remain at your entire disposal.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My daughter andI recently stayed at the Prince de Galles. *We moved there after a horrible night at another hotel. We are SOO glad we did. It changed our experience while in Paris. The hotel was beautiful! The room was just perfect ( the bed was beyond comfortable) and the staff could not have be kinder and more helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Danielle L
Dear Danielle,

What a pleasure to read your feedbacks! I am so happy to learn that your daughter and you had a memorable time together at the Prince de Galles. We are "SOOOO" delighted that you chose us for your Parisian escape.

Please consider us as your Home away from Home.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

NYC
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Yes, Prince de Galles (Starwood), right next door to the famous Georges V Hotel (Four Seasons), is beautiful. It has the look and feel of a true 5 star hotel. The service is impeccable. My tiny room was very tastefully and elegantly decorated with the highest quality materials. The bathroom had black marble everywhere. But this place is extremely expensive. My price started with a 1 followed by 3 zeros for a very very small room. Its just too much money for that, and this was supposedly a "reduced" rate, which I can't even imagine. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Dutchsurf,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay amongst us.

Your words are very important to us. I am delighted to read that our service was "impeccable" and "of a true 5 star hotel".

Our Art Deco rooms sizes are from 23 to 29 square meters and rates varies depending on the time of the year. As soon as possible we are delighted to upgrade reservations to a superior category.

Remaining at your entire disposal, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very nice hotel- we have only got good things to say about it (except for the wifi which was shaky). Excellent comfort, great bed, and a beautiful room. Great location with short walking distance to the Eiffel tower, champs elysees, arc du triomphe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darmell
Dear Darmell,

Excellent! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review.
I shared your comment on our Wifi to our IT manager and this should not happened during your next stay with us!

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in your Parisian Home, I remain at your entire disposal.