“Amazing hotel!”

Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #50 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and just loved it! The place is spectacular and the staff was incredibly nice and welcoming. I would recommend this place to anyone. It is by far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Patrick,

Amazing review! Thank you for your loyalty to the Prince de Galles! I am delighted to learn that you were entirely satisfied with the Hotel.

I remain at your entire disposal and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian Home.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The good:
- great refurbishment - very nice rooms
- perfectly located
- friendly staff

The not-so-good:
- noisy rooms (you can easily hear adjoining rooms)
- a/c system isn't great (visited in winter, and room was too hot)
- if on a lower level and facing the courtyard, you WILL smell smoke
- SPG reward ("free drink") isn't enough to actually cover the cost of a drink

Room Tip: High level, and facing the courtyard for quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank AnotherTraveller12
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I give a great importance to your feedback and I have already shared your comments with my team, especially regarding the room comfort; noise, smell of smoke and temperature.

Apropos of the "Free-drink", this SPG Reward as a value of 15 euros. The cost difference for beverages order exceeding this amount is at the guest' expense. Please accept my apologies if a miscommunication has been made.

I remain at your entire disposal and I hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a nice hotel in a great location, but I dont think that it is anything particularly special.

The service in general was good and the staff were very friendly. Our room was not ready when we arrived (5pm) so we were offered a drink at the bar whilst we waited. The room, when we eventually got it, was much smaller than expected, especially given the price being charged. We travelled with a young, active, infant and when you factored in the cot, then the there really was very little space left in the room. We found it difficult to properly relax in the environment. There was also some issue with the PA system which resulted what sounded like staff conversation being broadcast into the room very early in the morning on one of the days, waking us up. Not a great start to the day.

Overall, nice hotel but not worth the money that they are charging for it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Ken M

Dear Ken,

Thank you very much for your feedback which allows us to improve.

I sincerely regret that your recent stay at Prince de Galles did not meet your expectations.
We certainly offer larger rooms and suites that are more comfortable for families, when possible we are delighted to upgrade reservations.
In regards to the PA system, we did have once, late december, a misconnection and I earnestly apologize for the disturbance caused.

We hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back showing you a much more positive image of our Hotel. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights at the Prince de Galles. We were extremely happy with the recent renovations. Our room had beautiful furnishings and a very large marble bathroom with a separate shower, a toilet room and an oversized tub.

The entertainment center included a new HD TV with multiple outlets for connections - HDMI, USB, etc. (The USB port is only for charging - it is not capable for inputting video/audio from your mobile device.) You would need to bring an HDMI adapter if you want to view a video off your iPad. I cannot say enough about the concierge staff. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable - with restaurant reservations and travel advice. When they found out we did not have the correct adapter for our iPad, they made 3 special trips to the Apple store to secure the correct one. This was above and beyond what we could reasonably expect a concierge service to do.

Another great feature was their restaurant - La Scene. We had breakfast and dinner there. The food was top notch and our waitress, Eleanor, could not do enough for us.

Everything about the Prince exceeded our expectations and made our vacation all the more special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your own experience on Tripadvisor!
I am delighted you were entirely satisfied with the Prince de Galles. I have shared your positive thoughts with our Ambassadors, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at your Parisian Home.

With best regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I just arrived from Paris. Our stay in Prince de Galles was just perfect.
The staff, the sunday brunch, the room, simply no comments. PERFECT.
The manager, Christa, knows how to make the guests get delighted with the hotel, thank you for the attention to each detail. It was fantastic, we will be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Marcus,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed an impeccable experience at the Prince de Galles and have shared your valuable feedback with our Ambassadors.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon at your Parisian Maison de Luxe.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Gorgeous interior spaces from the lobby to the room are what characterize the hotel. While our standard room was small, it was just beautiful. If you are a couple traveling without kids, it is absolutely great. If you have kids with you, I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a larger room because there is no room for extra "stuff" like crib or roll-away.

Everything is new, clean, and well designed. It feels wonderful. The bar and restaurant are vry spacious and attract a great crowd throughout the day and night. This may be in part due to the incredible location, which is perfect for strolling. You are a 10 minute walk to either the eiffel tower or the arch de triumph. You are on George V Ave and in the middle of a great little area of shops and little cafes. I think the location may be the best in Paris.

The service and the staff are exceptional here. I have read reviews stating otherwise and I don't get it. We were there over New Year Eve and holiday. The hotel was packed, but the concierges were just amazing. They got us same day reservations at Michelin 3-star restaurants, gave us the hotel car to get to our restaurant when it appeared taxis were having trouble reaching us on New Years Eve itself, spent time calling around to various establishments to help my wife find her lost cell-phone, etc. They were friendly and personable. They really made the visit special because we hadn't taken the time to plan and they handled it all.

The only negative I can mention is the bathroom. Specifically the shower. Water pressure was rather poor and the shower itself was not designed well. It was the typical old tub style, and while the curtain had been replaced with glass, it was one of those "half-glass enclosures that let the floor of the bathoom itself get soaked. Really a shocking oversight for such a great design otherwise. I still give the hotel 5 stars because literally everything else was exceptional, but be aware that if you love having great showers an average experience ruins it for you, you either need to upgrade to a larger room (where I understand the showers are better) or stay away.

The restaurant was wonderful. While it doesn't yet have a Michelin star it easily compared to the 3-stars where we dined. Very imaginative menu that was not overdone. We found many of the "best" places appeared to be trying too hard and the main ingredient of a dish was overwhelmed by crazy extra ingredients that just seemed to be there for the purpose of being extravagant rather than adding to the dish. The main restaurant here avoided this pitfall while also providing what you expect from a top end Paris dining spot. Nice job.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, however. It really is great, new, clean, comfortable, and perfectly located.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pharmanuke

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to read your positive comments and delighted to learn that you enjoyed a spectacular stay at the Prince de Galles!

I sincerely regret that you were not entirely satisfied with the bathroom equipments and have reported your interesting comments.
Your experience will be useful to other guests and I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

In the meantime, I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Only stayed one night in this amazing new hotel however just want to come back longer and as soon as possible! From the arrival to the departure our stay was fabulous, great team, lovely and elegant decoration, fantastic food and the best location in Paris! They have created a winter garden for a few months and that is the place to be at the moment! Terrific! Cant wait to come back when we are back. MERCI

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Emmanuel,

Thank you for having selected the recently reopened Prince de Galles for your stay in Paris.
I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us, including the new decoration, the quality of service, our cuisine and the overall atmosphere .
We look forward to wlecoming you back in your Parisian home.
MERCI!