“Quality plus service”

Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #49 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. We stayed in the Mosaic suite. Nice room with an expresso machine in the living room. Our bed was very comfortable. The marble bathroom was large, (very important to me) with a separate tub and shower. I usually don't take baths due to the ick factor though I felt good about this tub. We had breakfast many mornings in the dining room. The food was pretty good and the service outstanding. One particular gentleman who oversaw the diningroom greeted us each day and made sure that we were well taken care of. We had an excellent dinner in the restaurant one evening. The prices for breakfast were reasonable. The dinner was pricey but we expected that. Cocktails in the lounge, I felt were too expensive. The hotel is quite elegant and located in a great area close to everything. When we go back we will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Mosaic suite facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Return Guest, Anita. Thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent experience at the newly reopened Prince de Galles. I am happy to read you enjoyed the beautiful Mosaic suite you stayed in with all the amenities. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurants and Bar and that you received excellent service. Dear Anita, We look forward to welcome you back in the near future in your new Maison de Luxe in Paris. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 21, 2013

To avoid repeating what others have already reviewed I would just add my observations:

The rooms didn't have an iron. This is a major inconvenience as you would want to take care of ironing quickly yourself. There was no complimentary water bottle. On at least 2 occasions after coming back from a long day the housekeeping still had not made the room.

We had breakfast included but there is no buffet, the menu was limited so if you wanted smoked salmon there was an additional charge. Service in breakfast was excruciating slow, the staff didn't pay any attention specially we had to leave for a conference they were not serving coffee. Finally thank goodness for Nadia, the restaurant receptionist, who told the staff to serve them coffee and food, take our orders.

Doormen and concierge were very nice they even called ahead to find the dress code for some the places we were going to.

Front desk staff were not accommodating as I needed to change the rooms even as people in our own party were checking out they wouldn't let me change the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JeddaCath

Dear Jedda, Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay. I am glad to read that the Doormen and Concierge provided a service that exceeded your expectation. I regret that our Front Office Staff did not realize how important it was for you to change rooms and apologize for this unusual incident. Iron and Ironboard are available through our butlers. We do offer a lavish brunch on Sunday. Please accept my apologies for the slow service in the Restaurant. We look forward to welcome you back next time your business will bring you in Paris. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this property and loved every minute. The check in staff was very nice and welcoming. The rooms are well appointed and clean with comfortable beds. I found the staff to be excellent! The concierges were extremely helpful to me and always ready to answer a question. The bellman too were great. I felt very comfortable there. It is expensive but the experience is great. I would love to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for having taken the time to share your recent experience following your stay at the newly reopened Prince de Galles. I am happy to read that the service your received throughout the hotel exceeded your excpectations. I will share your comments with the Front Office and Concierge Teams. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to your Maison de Luxe in Paris. Sincerely.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We used SPG points to stay at this hotel, and it was an amazing experience. The interiors are so refined, yet comfortable, and they paid attention to a nice luxurious bathroom, a feature often overlooked in high end hotels. I've stayed at about half a dozen luxury collections and found they range wildly as to the definition of luxury... for a city hotel, this one hit the nail on the head!

There were no upgrades available for my gold status, but the standard room was still beautiful and we didn't feel cramped.

The concierge service is, as you would expect, on point. They missed calling to confirm our reservation and we lost it... I couldn't believe it, but as an apology they comped us a private car to the airport.

Do note that eating at the hotel is not for the faint of heart (or at least those who can only stay there because they have a lot of SPG points)... I did a double take when my cup of coffee was 15 euro. The brunch? Scaled up from there, clocking in at 100 euro, not including alcoholic drinks. Fun to watch the scene nonetheless :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hg614
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your stay at the Prince de Galles. I am happy to read that you were entirely satisfied with your stay with us and with the Hotel’s new decoration and facilities.
I regret that our Concierge Team missed a confirmation for you and apologize for this unusual incident. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future to your Home in Paris.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at Prince de Galles earlier this month. The hotel was recently renovated and it shows. Upon check-in we were escorted by a staff member to our room. The room was very comfortable and service was superb. As mentioned by others, amenities are top-notch. We used the gym around 2/3 times and we loved it. One small negative is the lack of pool, it would have been great to have a pool but due to the location and the age of the building it's probably almost impossible. Overall, we loved the hotel and we will certainly be back hopefully in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Zakovy
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the recently reopened Prince de Galles and have reported your valuable comments with our Ambassadors.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian Maison de Luxe!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here twice during our latest France trip (we stayed two nights, headed to the Loire Valley for a few days, and then came back for three nights before hitting the road home). Our first two nights were excellent - they noted my boyfriend's Platinum status and upgraded us to a suite with a balcony. The staff also contacted us before arrival and helped us arrange a car service from the airport and make dinner reservations at La Scene (which was amazing - highly recommend!). The hotel was absolutely lovely, the room was spacious, and the staff was great.

The second time we checked in, we were given a room right across from the service elevator and next to a family with 3 screaming little kids (the kids thing wasn't their fault, but the nonstop pinging of the elevator wasn't great). After a sleepless night, we requested a new room, which they were fortunately able to accommodate (back to the 8th floor with a balcony we went!). However, it was a little frustrating to be given such a terrible room to begin with, particularly given the amount of Starwood stays we have and the fact that we'd just stayed there (and spent quite a decent amount of money). But they did come through with the new room and then helped us with a car and tickets to Versailles on our last day in town.

We also had breakfast at the hotel once (delicious yet pricey - I'm glad it was covered under SPG Platinum status) and spent some time at the gorgeous, chic bar (loved it!). It was the perfect post-dinner hangout.

The location is really convenient - you can walk to the Arc and Champs-Elysee in less than 5 minutes, and you only have to head to the other end of the street to catch a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

All in all, I'd recommend La Scene for dinner a thousand times over and would likely recommend the Prince des Galles as well (the art deco renovation is gorgeous; it just seems like they're ironing out some small kinks on service).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelgirl53015
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. Glad to read that you enjoyed your experience at the Prince de Galles; your valuable comments have been shared with all our Team. However I do regret that you were disappointed by the first room which was offered to you during your second stay with us, and relieved that your final room did entirely meet your expectations.
I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at your Parisian Home.
With best regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We arrived on Bastille Day and stayed here for a week and it was wonderful. The location was excellent and the staff was always very helpful. Anne, our server every morning at breakfast, was the best! She answered all our questions about Paris and got us out for our tours on time and with elegance...we never felt rushed at any time. Night turn down service was efficient and pleasant too.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jolene H

Dear Jolene,
Thank you for your precious feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Prince de Galles during the French National Day! I have shared your thoughts with our Team, and especially with Anne. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,