“A Monet feast.”

$109.74*
Skip-the-Line Musée Marmottan Monet Tour
$362.15*
and up
Full-Day Impressionism Tour from Paris: Giverny, Marmottan Museum, Cooking Class
$295.08*
and up
Paris Day Trip to Impressionists Island with Cooking Class and Musée Marmottan...
Ranked #24 of 1,181 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a 19th-century mansion, this museum's fabulous collection of Impressionist paintings ranks second only behind the Musée d'Orsay.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This gem is a tribute to Monet and the impressionists housed in a charming house on the outskirts of Paris near Bois de Boulogne. It is easily accessible by #32 bus or metro to La Muette.

1  Thank ruthpbell
There are newer reviews for Musee Marmottan

Reviewed February 10, 2013

... but the best being the Monet amongst what seemed to be acres of Sevres pottery! Plenty of other Imprsssionists as well.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you're a Monet fan, then you must visit the Marmottan. This was recommended to us by a French friend and we're so glad she made the recommendation. A lovely museum in a lovely villa in a very smart area of Paris.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I last visited the Musee Marmottan when I was a student 35 years ago. (I might be wrong but back in those days I don't remember the word 'Monet' being part of of its title. Nor should it be - this art gallery is much, much more than Monet!)

So for all that time the art gallery has stayed in my mind as one of the most memorable visits of my life. Therefore when I decided to go back I was worried that I might be disappointed. No way! Even though some of the paintings I'd hoped to see weren't there (apparently they were 'en stockage') my visit was still amazing. Perhaps even more so than last time.

Of course, the Monets were wonderful but then if you don't like Monet you probably wouldn't have come to the art gallery in the first place. For me, the real star of my visit was Berthe Morisot. Her paintings are just amazing and I plan to spend many happy hours finding out more about this talented artist.

I believe the 10Euro entry fee is fair. I probably would have paid that just to see the house - it's really lovely.

The only negative aspect of my visit - and which stops me awarding it a 5 - are the toilets. Okay, I know this is France but there is really no need for such poor facilities. Come on, Musee Marmottan - don't you think you should treat your visitors better than this?

1  Thank janiceandbryn
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's really impressive. Small number of paintings but they are really great. Hard to describe in words- really have to go there.