Open today: 9:30 AM - 6:15 PM

Book in advance
from
$79.35
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Google
Ways to Experience Musee De Cluny
from $79.35
from $79.35
from $371.34
2,963 results
All reviews unicorn tapestries roman baths middle ages medieval art stained glass la dame roman times gallo roman audio guide national museum on display visited this museum french revolution artifacts series century abbey
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2019

As a teacher of History I always try to find hidden treasure in each town I visit and this time it was the Cluny Museum/ National Medieval museum in Paris .One of the most amazing things I´ve seen there wasa the famous collection of tapestry called The lady of the Unicorn. In fact all the museum is a genuine gem, from its Roman remains to its medieval ones.

Date of experience: July 2019
3  Thank Lily F
Reviewed August 19, 2019

The highlight of this museum is the Lady and the Unicorns Tapestries: a set of six beautiful, mysterious, symbolic tapestries depicting the five senses plus one extra "my sole desire". Part of the museum is closed at the moment, but the unicorn tapestries room is still open. It can be crowded with school parties and they advise that 12-2 is most likely to be quiet. It does not take long to see them - 20 minutes or so. But NB: book online beforehand. It is cheap, but an online booking ensures you can get in when you arrive, anytime, all day (no fixed time.) Children need tickets too, but are free. (Take passports in case you need to prove age of child.) An online booking gave us a bonus of a free walking tour of Montmartre, which the adults enjoyed on another day. There are other rooms in the museum too, which may be of interest to you but I just love the tapestries. Very useful for a tourist is the small park by the museum where you can sit and eat your picnic. It has a playground for very small children, with drinking water fountain. Across the road is a Macdonalds - not my taste but the children fell upon it with joy - and a Monoprix.

3  Thank voyageroxfordshire
Reviewed August 19, 2019

First things first: this museum is going through major renovations and you won't get the full experience until they're done in a year or so. Having said that, as long as you go here with measured expectations, you'll still be impressed by the two main things still on display: the cathedral-like underground Roman baths and the gorgeous unicorn tapestries. Either of these things would be worth the price of admission, but to have them in one place for only five Euros during renovations, it's the best museum bargain in Paris.

3  Thank andycarvin
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

The museum houses one of the most important, global collections of objects and art from the Middle Ages. Among the principal holdings of the museum are the six The Lady and the Unicorn (La Dame à la licorne) tapestries.

3  Thank student19791
Reviewed August 11, 2019

There are only three small rooms open as I write this. The items on exhibition are exquisite, but you'll be in and out in 20 minutes. The Frigidarium is little more than a large, old empty room. (photo attached) They really need to update their signage too- I spent as much time walking around looking for the entrance as I did inside. I'd be upset if I paid full admission. If you are in the area and have a museum pass, by all means check it out. But I wouldn't go out of my way for this little exhibit until they are fully reopened.

1  Thank sandy c