“Fantastic experience!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$53.77*
and up
Paris Private 2-Hour Walking Tour of the Latin...
Ranked #63 of 2,253 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum, located in a spacious former hotel, houses a collection of medieval art, including jewelry, tapestries and sculptures. From 2018 to 2020, it is partly closed for renovation works. Don't miss the exhibition "Mgical Unicorns" (until February the 25th 2019)
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was not on our list of things to do, but we were close by, so took advantage of this.... And this turned out to be one of my favourite experiences in Paris.
Loved the set out, in the old Roman ruins, loved the rooms.... Everything was exceptionally well laid out and presented. It was a delight to wander through, without the hassle and bustle of other places.
Highly recommend visiting here

Write a ReviewReviews (2,730)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"latin quarter"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Not very impressive as its name suggests. The National Museum of Middle Age shows some relics of the Middle Ages, but compared to the Italian galleries and the Louvre, there are simply too few. And its location is not quite convenient.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We loved the museum which houses many ancient trasures including the Lady and the Unicorn original tapestries which we enjoyed seeing.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the moment I arrived and saw the kids playing "living chess" outside, I was enchanted. I could have easily spent all day here but my boyfriend was getting tired of the place. I will see it again at the end of September when I return to Paris then the Riviera to study calligraphy. Note: it is not a crowded museum (unless there are school tours) compared to other more touristy places.

Despite lacking the wonderful Lady and Unicorn tapestries (why is everything good in Paris always on loan or closed for renovations?), I loved the ornaments, the building itself, the reliquary, the paintings, the images of Middle Ages France. I don't think you can find a better city-state-museum than the entire city of Paris--particularly the Latin Quarter-- if you like this historical period as much as I do.

Even the gift shop--although the staff were rude--was marvelous with several cool tapestry cushions on sale so I could bring some of the Middle Ages Home with me.