“Eiffel Tower” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 1,086 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Completed in 1889, this colossal landmark, although initially hated by many Parisians, is now a famous symbol of French civic pride.
Paris, France
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Eiffel Tower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Eiffel tower, the proud of Paris. If tourist, you need to visit the Eiffel Tower at least once to see Paris from almost sky. Some recommendations: buy the ticket on the official site on the internet anyway you risk to wait at least 2 hours queue during the summer period. the cheapest ticket for the second floor is by walking, more expensive by lift. to the top, its more expensive. The cheapest way hot to get to the 3rd floor is to buy the walking ticket to the second floor and at the second floor to buy the lift ticket (no stairs) to the 3rd floor. The stairs to the second floor take approximately 10-15 minutes... and last recommendation, dont answer to roumanians children with the paper in their hand who are at this area. They will ask you to pay for the association that doesnt exist and had never existed before (like that you save lots of money)

Visited August 2012

• Vietnamese first
Hastings, United Kingdom
417 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“If in Paris, it has to be done.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We loved it. Could have done without the queues, or the squashing in, but it is THE view from Paris. Had a beautiful day, so really clear views all over the city.

Be warned - don't take a largish sized bag with you. Husband had to wait at the bottom whilst I took the kids up as we had hand luggage sized suitcases. Fine size for Ryan Air, but not for Eiffel Tower security guard (who annoyingly seemed stricter than his colleagues as I saw 5 bags larger than ours being pulled round at the top of the tower)

Visited February 2013
Brisbane, Queensland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Didn't go up but was still mind blown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Personally, I've never understood people's obsession with climbing monuments. Me, I am more than happy to view the thing! The Eiffel Tower was amazing. I cried when I turned the corner and saw such a Parisian icon standing tall and magestic on a very icy February morning.

Rather than join the shivering 3-hour plus queue to go up the Iron Lady, we lazily wandered the grounds, taking great shots of her and posing for romantic kissing photos with the Tower in the background.

I would love to go back and see it all lit up at night too. Spectacular, and free!

Buenos Aires
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Most expected moment in Paris!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We first went to see the eiffel tower during the day, but did not go to the top. Another day we returned aroung 9PM, because we wanted to see the eiffel tower iluminated. As it was May, it often went darker after 10PM, but lights were on at exact time 10PM.
However, I think it was not that good decision to go at that time because it was so Crowded! We spent about 2 hours on the queue because I wanted to go by elevator. My boyfriend insisted on going through the stairs but I was so tired of walking all day long that I did not want to.
So if you feel with energy, don't hesitate on going through the stairs, you will save hours!
The view is really great, and it is a little Cold on the top, so bring a jacket (I had a thin sweater and felt really cold)
After we enjoyed the view on the first stop, we wanted to go to the top! I think it was like another 40 min of waiting to get to the elevator.
Every hour the lights start to shine for a minute! we were on the eirffel tower, so we looked at it from the inside but I think it may be a very nice view from down below.
I would reconsider to go in a different time If I ever go back, because the crowded experience did not let me enjoy the eiffel tower as much as I would have loved to.

Visited May 2012
Costa Mesa, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Striking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

As many know, the Eiffel Tower is absolutely stunning. I am rarely in awe but this is a sight to behold. For a big hunk of steel it is breathtaking!

Visited February 2013