“very nice”

Ranked #1 of 2,252 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This beautiful museum, once a railroad station, now houses a staggering collection of Impressionist art, as well as other items created between 1848 and 1914. In 2011, the museum is running a renovation of the top floor (impressionist gallery). Only ground and medium floor are accessible. The top floor will re-open on the 20th of October. Meanwhile, some impressionist masterpieces are not visible.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you're interested in impressionism, this place is highly recommended. It was a bit crowded but we enjoyed it very much.

Write a ReviewReviews (59,875)
All reviews
"fifth floor"
in 444 reviews
"great museum"
in 1,245 reviews
"favorite museum in paris"
in 639 reviews
in 1,502 reviews
"sculptures"
in 2,651 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

An hour wait in the rain. Then we have strict control and there is! He who loves him to indulge himself in the impressionism! The books of famous paintings known: Manet, Monet, Pissarro, Degas, Sisley ... And so on! First day with us was an art tour guide who helped me a lot in understanding the works. A few days later I went back again and tried to recall alone. Wonderful feeling!

A little maze of buildings, but sooner or later, everything can be found.

Do not photo!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A little maze of buildings, but sooner or later, everything can be found.
Do not photo! :-(

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just returned from Paisley where my aims were to see the final day of the Tour de France and the Musse d'Orsay , possibly an unusual combination but I was enthralled by both. The Musee d'Orsay is firstly a wonderful building a converted railway station, the clocks deserve special mention. The collection focuses on 19th and early 20th century art . Although we visited on Saturday afternoon it was not over crowded and thankfully no queues for entry. If you have travelled to Paris by Eurostar the Musee offers a 2 for 1 deal, meaning that my wife and I saw the collection for 9 Euros.

The ground level has a collection of sculpture with galleries around the perimeter of the hall . The upper floors have fine collections of impressionists and in only the Van Gogh collection were their crowds. All in all a real highlight

Oh yes the cycling was rather special too !