“Nice stop on the way to the Eiffel Tower”
Review of Musee Rodin

Ranked #11 of 1,326 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in this 18th-century hotel (Hotel Biron), Musee Rodin holds an impressive collection of works by this famous French sculptor and his circle as Camille Claudel. The museum also features an exquisit garden and a temporary exhibition hall.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the Eiffel Tower on a hop-on, hop-off bus. We just wanted to walk through the gardens and see The Thinker, and Gates of Hell with our young kids. We read that it was only 1 Euro to visit the gardens, but we were let in for free! Great stop on the way to the rest of the sites in Paris.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,750)
All reviews
"on display"
in 148 reviews
"napoleon's tomb"
in 84 reviews
"favorite museum in paris"
in 71 reviews
in 72 reviews
"eiffel tower"
in 119 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We enjoyed walking around the gardens and examing these amazing scultpures. The layout was good- not too crowded- and we were afforded the opportunity to relax and soak in the beauty.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This museum shows a grest collection of nice sculptures. It is really world class, and the gsrden is quite beautiful. Veru worth seeing, if you have the time.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Musee Rodin is one of my favorite spots in Paris. I love Rodin's sculptures, which is much of the appeal of the museum for me, but I also love how peaceful the gardens are, especially right in the middle of Paris. The gardens are only 1 euro to access, if you don't want to go on sculpture overload, and wandering among the trees and flowers is pure stress release. You can find most of the "big name" Rodin sculptures in the garden: Le Penseur, Les Trois Ombres, Balzac, Ugolin, and La Porte de l'Enfer. There are benches throughout the garden to sit and rest or reflect. A cafe in the garden provides a chance to enjoy a coffee or snack (or even lunch). When I visited in October, the Hotel Biron (the main house on the property) was undergoing renovation but it is worth the visit, as well, for the opportunity to see many of Rodin's smaller works and studies as well as a number of works by his mistress, Camille Claudel. Also, the gift shop, though small, is wonderful with plenty of trinkets, books, art, and so on that you'll want to take home. I know I have to watch my spending!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Thinker is one of the pieces of art that my wife and I had been looking forward to seeing. We went to this museum and were very pleased with everything that we saw....including the Thinker. There was so much more. First there is a temporary exhibition that has many marble pieces, including The Kiss, as well as clay models .Get the headsets so you can listen to the details associated with these art pieces.
The garden was FANTASTIC....The Thinker, The Gates of Hell, The Three Shades as well as many others.
The Hotel museum is set up very nicely.
There is a cafe in the gardens where we had lunch, the quiche and salad was good.