“Good but expensive”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I went there on recommendation of the hotel. The place is very nice a lot of character (mind your head if you are tall walking in)! Menu is well executed, all is good and well cooked. Happo saké was good. We had a good time. It's just a little expensive

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

If I had no taste buds I still would not like this place since the texture of the food is all the same! They offer a set menu starting a spoonfull of scallop soup, enough for a mouse. Then come 3 meager pieces of sushi that were pretty good, but that's where it ends. Next we got 15 pieces of deep fried exotic foods such as broccoli, potato etc...there were a few meats that came with this deep fried medley but they were eviscerated by the oil. For 70 euros a person, I would expect to have my socks blown off or at least be satisfied that I got my moneys worth. But it was neither the case. P.S: The waitresses speak english/french as well as a Thai massage therapist!

3  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a restaurant to send your enemy to look no further....or if you are looking to spend a ridiculous amount of money for deep fried morsels of food such as broccoli and zucchini you have found your place. In my three weeks of travel between Italy and England this has been my worst meal. Save your pennies and eat elsewhere!

1  Thank Kiran K
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Located in the heart of St Michel district, this is a cosy and small restaurant worth being discovered.
The set menus are tempting and we took the 48€ sampling one.
Ncie appetizer, excellent sushi, and very good soup with sesame seeds and rice.
We had 15 little skewers of fish, meat, seafood and vegetables: original indeed! But the batter was average and the result hardly tasty. The best was definitely the meat ball, the scallop and the prawn.
Service is good, delivered by young and smiling japanese ladies.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was easily the worst meal in the last 2 weeks, and that includes some college cafeteria food in London. I honestly don't understand how this restaurant stays in business. I'm from California, and eat quite a lot of Japanese food - not just Sushi, but all forms. Based on our experience, you should avoid this restaurant.

Positives:
1. Cute entry
2. Quick Service (out in 1.5 hours)
Negatives:
1. Waitress does not speak english... nor does she even try beyond saying what the items are in a very rehearsed speech. She cannot answer questions about any dish.
2. Sake list has all of ONE bottle on the list. So if you want a bottle of Sake, and don't want to bother having to choose from a list, they have you covered!
3. Waitress does not refill the sake glass, nor even check if the sake bottle is empty. (Hint: Being upside down in the ice bucket is a clue) Same with water.
4. Sashimi "course" consists of miniscule portions - Sea Breem, Hamachi, Sea Bass. All of the sashimi together would not constitute a proper nigiri portion.
5. All the kushiage tastes alike - just deep fried stuff. Nothing to highlight the flavors of each dish.
6. Not enough food. We were all still hungry at the end of the meal - and we are light eaters.
7. All deep fried - The main course is essentially just tiny pieces of tempura. Each piece comes on its own stick, but still...

For 48€ per person I expect more. As should everyone.

4  Thank CaWineGuy