“Great choice!”
Review of Chez Gabrielle

Chez Gabrielle
Reserve with
Chez Gabrielle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 18,475 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We arrived pretty late on a monday night, but this did not change anything in the service or quality! The owner still was very nice and made us feel very confortable!
The food was great (se had beef and seabass) and their wine suggestion was perfect.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Food was good, but came way too quick. Also, my main dish was very light, ~25 euros for 5 scallops left me very hungry.
There is something we particularly liked though, is how "quiet" it was. The restaurant was full, but I could talk and hear my friend very easily although we were almost whispering!

1  Thank Anne-Ce_Amsterdam
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We read about this on trip advisor (always a great way to find places when travelling). It is near the arch de triumph and was absolutely wonderful. quiet and cozy but nicely appointed, the food was out of this world. They have a fixed price three course meal and al la carte. My wife had the three course and I the single dinner and we shared her entre and desert. The foie gras was outstanding and meals equally great. The price was reasonable by Paris standards. We loved it and went back to try some other selections. All were fantastic.

2  Thank Eric_W844
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This restaurant was frequented by Parisiens. We were very lucky to get an early sitting as it was fully booked. I'm pleased we did as we were presented with some of the most delicious food we have ever had. All cooked to perfection. Can't say more than try it.

1  Thank Titch5656
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I have to say I went with the slightest hint of trepidation having read the other reviews but really was very impressed.

Booked at about 7.40pm for an 8pm dinner and glad I did because at 8.30 it was full.

Quite an intimate venue with tables close together but a nice buzz in the place meant that you don't overhear your neighbours.

Only two table staff who were efficient without making me feel rushed even though I was the only one dining alone and as I said the place seemed full.

I had the prawn starter, which was unusual, but nice. I'm not a big balsamic fan but this wasn't overdone. For main a fillet steak, originally ordered medium but revised in conversation with the waitress (also the manager?) and went for medium rare which was a good choice. Only slight criticism here is whether it could have come with vegetables, perhaps asparagus?, but really good and very filling. Went for the peach and creme brûlée desert with cognac which was the highlight of the meal. Delicious. Then came coffee and complimentary top quality truffles.

All in all, very good. I travel to Paris from time to time and will definitely be back.

€63 including service, bottle of sparkling water, half bottle of red (€15).

Very enjoyable, many thanks.

4  Thank jbtparsons
Natphilgab, Propriétaire at Chez Gabrielle, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your advise!
We are so pleased that you "love" our place and hope receive you again another time!
Happy new year!