“Proper French restaurant -used by locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Gabrielle

Chez Gabrielle
Reserve with
Chez Gabrielle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Brecon, United Kingdom
“Proper French restaurant -used by locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Chez Gabrielle is tucked away down a side street, but still very close to the Arc de Triomphe. As such, it's not over-run with tourists, but instead offers excellent French cuisine in an intimate and comfortable setting.
We enjoyed fillet steaks with Parmesan sauce and the service was excellent.
If you're staying at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe Hotel, it's almost a must, as it is less than five minutes' walk away.
Booking is essential to avoid disappointment.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had one of our nicest meals here. We picked it after seeing a recommendation from the manager of the Ritz in Travel and Leisure. The food was excellent - we had the foie gras, scallops, steak. Service by the owner was excellent - we liked her wine recommendations. All in all, a perfectly lovely dinner.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 199DeeDee
Singer Island, Florida
“Enjoyable dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a small, intimate restaurant and reservations are a must. Our restaurant selections were made in advance of our trip to Paris based on the recommendations of the agent who was assisting us with planning our itinerary. We knew we would be dining with Parisian friends during our visit but had not set the date. As it happened, it coincided with our reservation at Chez Gabrielle and the manager graciously amended the reservation for a party of four. Our friends had dined at the restaurant in the past and were delighted to return. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. The menu prices were reasonable. The atmosphere is welcoming and the ambiance ideal for conversation. Everyone enjoyed their food. In particular, I will remember the dessert, Pêche rôtie au Cognac et crème brûlée au citron (Roasted peach with Cognac and lemon crème brûlée). Oh, my!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank n1cf2
Cumbria
“OK and that's it !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recently ate at the Chez Gabrielle because of the great reviews on TA.

We were a little disappointed and it certainly didn't meet the expectations which we had after reading all the reviews on TA.

Very limited menu and nothing that tempting or mouthwatering to choose from.

We had Prawns to start which were OK, not that tasty and nothing special they were served with vegetables which was very strange and just did not work.

I then had Fillet Steak which I must say was cooked to perfection and the size of the steak was quite large. However, the sauce it was served with and the cheese grated on top just didn't quite gel and it felt strange eating this combination which was not really that nicely matched.

The Dauphinoise potatoes were the best we had ever tasted, they were absolutely gorgeous and highly calorific to say the least !

My husband had the Veal which was under cooked,, it was quite bland and the gravy it was served with was tasteless.

We didn't have a desert as I was far to full after wading my way through the Steak & Potatoes.

The wine we had was very nice and reasonably priced.

The place had no atmosphere atall and the service was OK very impersonal and not that friendly.

We would not return, purely because of the menu choice, the service and the total lack of atmosphere in the restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 50cents
Montreal, Canada
“Don't believe the hype”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went here on a recent trip to Paris based on the recommendations of this site. The food was not at all good, and this is a classic example of a restaurant picking up very high reviews based on tourists who have no conception of what good french food should taste like. The ambiance would have been nice if the phone they had at the front was not ringing extremely loudly throughout the night (they would do well to turn down the ringer volume as this is a small quiet restaurant, not a busy office).

I had a foie gras appetizer, which was a huge piece of cold, not very good quality foie gras, covered with so much salt that I literally had to scrape off the top layer of the foie gras to make it edible. For a main I had a steak in cream sauce, which I ordered medium rare. They made it rare on the side of blue, and for the first time in my life I sent it back to be cooked more. Five minutes later it came back just as rare. To compound this, the sauce that it was in was essentially flavourless (as was the cream sauce on my dining companions scallops).

I can't comment on dessert because we were all so disappointed with our meal up to that point that we didn't want to bother trying their desserts.

Absolutely would not recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013