“Don't Bother!”
Review of Equinox

Equinox
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Equinox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,003 of 17,304 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Melbourne
“Don't Bother!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After walking around the Marais area, we thought we had found a nice restaurant for a family meal. How wrong were we! Upon walking into the restaurant we had to wait at least 5 minutes for the only waiter to appear and seat us; that should have been warning enough, but as it was after 9pm and with 3 children in tow, we needed a quick meal. After giving the only waiter our order, we waited 45 minutes for the meal to to be served. During that time, we witnessed other diners complaining, one table of people left after not being served for so long. The waiter seemed oblivious to everyone's concerns. The food was very ordinary and service was even worse. In summary, the Marais area has plenty of choice for restaurants, so keep walking past this one!!!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Cathy R

• Korean first
Frome, United Kingdom
“Good food worth the wait”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Well located in this popular area. The duck was superb and other meals very good.
Not too expensive.
The only downside was the very slow service, which is fine if you have a drink but we had to wait for a menu then to place an order etc etc - you get the idea!

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Canada
“Awful service”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This past Thursday we had just arrived in Paris and moved luggage into the apartment we are renting for a week. The apartment is well located in the Marais district. After the overnight flight we were tired and hungry and wanted a quick bite of lunch, but we also wanted a decent meal. We walked several minutes from our door and found the Equinox. The lunch menu seemed decent and in truth the food was ok. That said the service was the worst we have ever experienced (I never thought I would write a 'terrible' review and always thought people who provided terrible reviews must be a bit cranky). Being from near Ottawa Canada, while we are unilingual English, we have a background of French. We could discern a good part of the menu but when we asked for clarification and recommendation the waiter was curt and supercilious. I ordered a special which included an entree, a plat, and a dessert. The first two came in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately the waiter's girlfriend (or perhaps he had hopes that she would be a girlfriend) came in for lunch. We received zero service after this young lady arrived. We waited 30 to 40 minutes with our finished plates on the table without even a glance from the waiter and certainly no evidence of the pre-ordered dessert. Too tired after the long flight my wife and I just decided to leave. When I stood up and went to pay the bill the waiter was surprised. I don't think the he had a clue as to how poor his service was. I was not surprised when I looked up the Equinox to write this review, to find there were a number of other 'terrible' reviews of the restaurant. We have now had positive dining experiences at other Parisian restaurants. I hope to find time to write reviews for those restaurants. I do recommend staying away from the Equinox.

Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great French food for our first meal in Paris”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Equinox. A starter and main for 25 euro and a bottle of wine - 70 euro total for 2 people. Great value! Rich food but very delicious. Would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2013
“Horrible service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The waiter that someone says must have left, I'm to assure you he hasn't.
Very pleasant at first so you sit down and make it look like people are there, then he's too busy getting people in the door and rushing you through your order to offer any proper service at all. When we were trying to order he was too busy looking around to see who else he could get in the door, my menu included Deseret and when I asked for it, it seemed like it was a real pain and when we got our bill they over charged us so we had to wait till they fixed it, basicaly I wouldn't waste your time, the street it's in has plenty to offer so try somewhere else. The crepe place across from it is great though check that out.

• Visited July 2013