Helzear Montorgueil
Orbitz.com
$253
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We loved the way the pictures depicted the place on the website....The Gabriel apartment was vibrant spacious and welcoming. Real expirience:
Good:
1.Awesome location....we walked with our six year old to Montmartre, Eiffel , Louvre and Notre Dam and is very close to metro station incase you plan to use them (yeah, we really like to walk!).Very close to eating places, grocery store etc
2.Great service....we were upset about some stuff like missing pans etc in the kitchenette and they promptly got us next day. Every email and phone call was responded to
3.Modern apartment in the center of Paris and yet very quiet
4.They do basic cleaning everyday
Bad:
1.So the shower is open ad the toilet is super small....so almost open! Was ok for us but might not be OK for families used to space and privacy...
2.The shower has no curtain....and I will be impressed if anyone can bathe without making the whole place look like a messy pool!
3.The decor is not what it looks in pictures....the wall decor is very boring and not in sync....not cheerful at all
4.The kitchenette is super small....hardly any pans
5.No toaster or oven

Overall we were fine once we got over the initial disappointment and learnt to mop the bathroom!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Shilpilovestotravel
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Helzear Montorgueil apartments are located in a very convenient location in the second arrondisement. Sentier and Bonne Nouvelle Metro stops are minutes away.

We were greeted promptly upon our arrival and check out the same - both seamless. The apartment, Le Notre, was clean and it was generally quiet in the evening for sleeping.

I really want to give a higher rating given the above. There are two reasons I cannot. First, while the apartment has a bedroom and sofa bed, it is not conducive for more than two adults due to the fact the toilette, sinks and shower are all in the bedroom. If the guests staying on the sofa bed need to use the loo, they need to walk through the bedroom. The second reason is that water leaked from the shower and left a large pool of water that had to be mopped up with two towels. The shower head did not stay in its holder and kept falling, making for an unpleasant experience, while contributing to the water leakage. This was clearly an ongoing issue that should have been fixed before any guests stayed in the apartment.

The management were prompt in sending a repairman to fix, however while they said it was fixed, it just leaked less. I was contacted after our visit and offered an upgrade on our next visit. While management gets high marks for their responsiveness, the problem was not resolved.

If you decide to stay in Le Notre (recommend two adults only), please get a guarantee that the shower leakage problem has been resolved. If yes, definitely stay there and you will enjoy yourself. If not, avoid Helzear Montorgueil Le Notre.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SteveandCathyO
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I visited these apartments with a couple of friends in the middle of March 2014. The apartment was spotless and very secure with coded gates and doors upon entry . The buildings around the hotel were having renovations whilst we were there so the view wasn't amazing at the time , but the apartments in general were lovely . The reception staff were very helpful and didn't bother us for the whole trip. They gave us extra pillows when asked and tidied our rooms for us whilst we were out sight seeing . The beds are very comfortable and the shower has great pressure and was very hot. It's very well located , being only a 5 minute walk to the trains and the metro . There are also lots of little shops located nearby. I would definitely recommend these apartments. In a very nice location and very easy to navigate to all the main tourist attractions .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Samlew2
HelzearManagement, Gérant at Helzear Montorgueil, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback over your stay in our residence.

We are pleased to have been able to welcome you in our apartment Helzear Montorgueil and have been able to provide all the comfort you deserve.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next stay in Paris.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Timothée DE COURCY

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Great apartment located in a great and easily accesible area. Metro Sentier is just a few minutes walk away with Rue Montorgueil a further few minutes by foot. This street is filled with cafes, restaurants, bakeries and mini-markets where one can re-supply.
Chatelet Les Halles is about 15minutes walk away, giving access to RER trains which is good for us when we travel to Dismeyland

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cheelun1
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Recently travelled to Paris for a few days in my company's Paris office, and decided to stay here as it's located a few minutes walk from the office.

I'd advised that I would collect the key at 5pm, and the guy was there waiting for me when I arrived. It's a very good location in central Paris, a few minutes from various Metro stops. It's down a small side street and the apartment is tucked away in a courtyard, so even though very central, it's nice and quiet.

I stayed in the smaller studio type apartment, very modern decor in a typical style Paris apartment block. Kitchen/living room, divided from the bedroom, divided from the bathroom with the toilet being off in it's own small room.

All very clean, I didn't cook there but it seemed that everything you'd need is available. Plenty of towels and bedding and the heating worked well (was quite a cold few days)

Wi-fi was very good, and the flat screen tv had a good selection of channels, with the usual news channels in English.

I only stayted for 1 night, and I'd told the guy at check-in that I'd like to leave at 9am the following morning. The girl turned up just before 9am took me through the check-out, made sure I hadn't left anything and I was on my way at 9am. Very efficient.

I'd definitely stay here again, will try a weekend trip next time as there are quite a few night clubs a few minutes walk away.

Recommended.