“A great experience”

La Maison de Verlaine
Reserve with
La Maison de Verlaine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #291 of 17,597 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My beautiful wife and I walked by this quaint place and noticed that Ernest Hemingway had lived in this building during the 1920's. we took a look and decided to try dinner there. It was great. They have a reasonably priced fixe menu and all courses were full marks. The wait staff (Spiros and friends) were attentive and polite. I had fish soup, the scallops and shrimp followed by the chocolate cake dessert. My wife had smoked salmon, the salmon plate and the creme brûlée. All were well worth it. Try this place. You won't be disappointed. We are going there again this week!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Had dinner here with my fiance over Christmas break 2012. We were looking for a quaint French restaurant that was not too touristy and this fit the bill perfectly! We came in kind of late but were greeted warmly and were one of about 5 groups seated. This place is family owned and operated, so it has an intimate feel. Not speaking much French, the waiter was kind and helpful, and even provided an English menu to aid us. The menu is classic French fare, and my fiance and I each had a separate 3 course meal. I had a duck breast salad, Shrimp/Scallop main course, and Frommage plate to finish it off. The food was great! Towards the end of our meal the place became very friendly and casual with the owners joining a few tables and enjoying some wine and conversation. We ended up having another bottle of wine and just hanging out until we were the last two in there with the owners. It was definitely a great experience and we will be back if we can get back to Paris anytime soon! I don't recall the tab being too much, I think around 70 Euro including a couple bottles of wine.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recommend this restaurant because the service is amazing and the relation quality/price is excellent! Don't miss to taste his desserts!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and never had a bad meal..It is family run with a great atmostphere..Always a friendly welcome and the staff are always willing to offer advice about the menu...It is not the usual tourist restaurant many local people eat there on a regular basis...The food is good with fresh vegetables. Good value set menus and a la carte. I have no reservation whatsoever about recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My partner's onion soup entree was reasonable with mounds of cheese thrown on top, my salmon carpaccio wasn't properly de-boned and quite fatty. Mains were a smoked salmon tagliatelle with cream sauce which was ok, albeit a bit bland; entrecôte was very uninspiring, with almost more gristle and fat than flesh. The moelleux au chocolat was also bland, as were the profiteroles. The takeaway pasta joint down the road is better for a flavoursome meal. Wine was certainly nothing special, particularly for the price.

Service was friendly yet lacking any real desire to please, and they promptly tried to remove us to seat other walk-ins. We were asked to change tables and/or hurry up whilst eating our dessert. We won't return to and don't recommend La Maison de Verlaine - will look elsewhere in an area rich with food options and better customer service.