“Paris Muse private tour: the ONLY way to see the Louvre”

Paris Muse Private Tours
Ranked #21 of 527 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours in Paris
Grand Rapids, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Paris Muse private tour: the ONLY way to see the Louvre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Erin, our most informative and interesting guide, took us on a magical 2.5 hour tour of the Louvre that literally started at the foundation of the building --a place most people never see. The chronological journey was so enlightening that it was as if we had never seen the Louvre before (and we had visited several times prior). It gave us new insights to the great museum and its treasures, plus some interesting history. Highly recommend.

2 Thank Michigangal19

philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful tour of Notre Dame”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our second use of Paris Muse. Last time, we took the children's tour of the Louvre and returned because we had such an excellent experience. In fact, we brought the scavenger hunt booklet from the last trip (3 years ago) and my children, ages 11 and 7 1/2 now, remembered a huge amount from the last trip. We explored the Louvre again and built on that trip with a 5+ hour visit and both children wanted to stay longer as did their mother and grandmother. The tour of Notre Dame, led by Mary, was hugely informative and interesting. She did a great job keeping both children interested. My older one is studying the Middle Ages in school so this was perfect in building her knowledge. My younger one was enthralled with the stories told in the glass windows and Mary's description of how Notre Dame was built and subsequently nearly destroyed after the revolution. They have both been talking a lot about what they learned there. A booklet, a compass and binoculars kept the children entertained and also seemed to help with the retention of the knowledge. They were not just passive listeners, but engaged in what they were learning. I found this during the Louvre tour a few years ago. In the Louvre, we explored places I had never been despite multiple trips there in the past. I felt the same here--I have an even larger appreciation for Notre Dame than I did. And, Mary sparked our interest to return again. She was patient, kind, and engaging. A highlight of Paris on this trip. We'll come back again to Paris Muse and would consider doing an adult version of another museum. We'd love Paris Muse to put together more children's tours, too.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank jan g
Edinburgh
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tours for Kids and Adults”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went on both the Louvre tour and the 'If Buildings Could Talk' tour and they were both very interesting and fun for our whole family including two teenage kids. Our tour guides, Marjorie and Mary, both did an excellent job of including the children and showing us many of Paris' most famous and historical sights. We would thoroughly recommend these tours to any family looking for a fun trip around Paris or the Louvre with all the best bits!

Adelaide, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great introduction to the treasures of the Louvre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I signed up for the introduction to the treasures of the Louvre tour and really enjoyed it.

They were able to accommodate a time that suited me. My guide, Stephanie was friendly and very knowledgeable. She basically spoke non-stop and answered all my questions for 2.5 hours, which was great. One of the greatest advantages of having a guide is having the ability to ask questions. Like the title states, this tour is only an introduction to the major pieces and provides but a 'glimpse' to the wealth of treasures to enjoy in the Louvre. I spent the next 9 hours going through the rest of the major pieces with the N3DS audioguide and still haven't felt like I've covered them all.

I went during the low peak seasons and did not have a queue at all for popular pieces like Venus de Milo, Monna Lisa, Nike of Samothrace. Even so, by the end of 2.5 hours, we barely reached Mona Lisa and did not have enough time to cover Michelangelo's slaves.

There are other themed tours which I did not sign up for, but sounds interesting.

A very good introduction and highly recommended if you have limited time to do your own background study/reading.

Visited January 2013
Sydney
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Louvre private tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Louvre can be a very unwieldy beast to manage on your own. The queues are long, the collection is huge and the crowds daunting. With this in mind, and two teenage girls at my side, I bit the bullet and paid the (not insubstantial) price for a private tour of the masterpieces of the Louvre with Paris Muse. Best decision. Our guide, Laura, was waiting with our tickets at the appointed place, the appointed hour, sliding us into the museum and taking us on a journey that began in Mesopotamia and ended in the 19th century. She was wonderfully knowledgable (degrees in archaeology), enthusiastic and funny, bringing art and history to life. I have never enjoyed a visit to the Louvre as much as this one, nor have I learned as much. I really could not recommend Laura or Paris Muse more highly.

Visited January 2013