“Great way to see the Louvre with kids.”

Paris Muse Private Tours
Ranked #21 of 534 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours in Paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great way to see the Louvre with kids.”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Inge met us outside the Louvre and that's where the fun began. She immediately had our 9 and 11 year old engaged in the tour they were about to take. For 2.5 hours she had them looking at art like detectives, noticing things like perspective, lines, ancient writings, and a host of other things. Considering my kids are of different interests and ages, Inge did a perfect job of keeping them on task with their personal booklet of clues. What could have been a stressful and overwhelming experience on our own turned into a delightful, informative, and fun activity for the whole family. It was worth every penny!!

1 Thank Creativelaurag

USA
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Don't try to do the Louvre without it”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Jessica, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable about the Louvre and all its works. Halfway through our tour the scope of the Louvre really hit me and I wondered to myself "what in the world would I have done without a guide?". I simply can't imagine enjoying the Louvre without a guide. We learned so much from our tour. If you are an art enthusiast this is a must do.

New Hampshire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Yep, you want these guys to take you through a museum.”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My 17 year old son and I were on an art trip to Paris and had Jessica from Paris Muse guide us through the Louvre. An art history Phd candidate, this young lady knew her stuff! My son has just begun to study art history and was able to ask her many things and enjoyed his conversations with her. As an art appreciator with little knowledge, I really enjoyed learning about the important works in the Louvre and why they are important. Jessica hit all the highlights, but also added a few things of particular interest to my son and directed us to the galleries that held additional works he wanted to see when out tour was finished. It was money well spent and next time I am in Paris I would not hesitate to use their guides for another museum tour. Thank you for a great morning!

2 Thank MomcatNH
Chicago
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“A necessary luxury”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Colleen, our guide, was outstanding: friendly, very knowledgeable, and highly professional. Our 12 and 9 year olds were totally engaged for the >2 hours of the Muse Clues tour. Colleen totally maximized our visit to the Louvre. We all learned so much. Although it is expensive, it is absolutely recommended as a necessary luxury.

1 Thank Ex-LA
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Professional, well organized tour. But a little underwhelmed by it.”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We were in Paris and at the last minute decide to take the "Introduction to the Treasures of the Louvre" tour with Paris Muse Tours. Despite calling late in the night (please do not follow our example and book early), Inga was very helpful in receiving our call. She found a guide for the next day and was very helpful and professional in organizing the tour.

We met Miranda, our tour guide after lunch, on a beautiful sunny day in early March. She was kind, patient, and helpful with us during the tour. Louvre has many treasures to see and Miranda did a good job of taking us to the highlights of the tour in the given time. But we felt that she was out of her comfort zone and the information provided to us was amateurish. She had difficulty in answering some of the questions clearly. Given the cost of the Paris Muse tours, we expected a better tour.

2 Thank rahul_d_chatter