“Best oysters in town ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: 6th Arr. - Luxembourg
Description: 16 Seats,some more outside when the sun helps! First arrived, first served (no reservation) to enjoy fresh oysters delivered daily from the producer and a bit more.
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

My go to place for oysters (fresh from Brittany) in Paris. Shrimps and clams are fantastic as well. Small space but with outside tables during warmer weather. Sometimes the waits would be an hour and sometimes there’d be no wait at all. Try your luck. English friendly.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Oysters or Oysters and Oysters and only for Oysters lovers. Not any Oysters, they are fresh and their specials are really specials. It’s simple their specialty and they know the meaning for good quality. Not cheap but for sure it worth what you pay for.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I have been coming to this small place for the last 15 years or so, no trip to Paris is ever without a visit here. It had a few renovations in that time, and the latest allows 4 extra covers, and 3 tables x 2 outside. The interior tables closer to the window also can feel like one is dining alfresco, as the windows can open completely, into the street. The prices keep climbing up by euro or two every year, but it still represents amazing value for the quality one gets here. I always go for special selections of Les Marinnes, now at €39, which includes dozen large plump freshest oysters, nice bread, Brittany butter, glass of Sancerre, and a coffee. As I didn't have breakfast, I also opted for a starter of scallope pate. It was so tasty, the nicest seafood pate I have ever had. Please keep in mind dozen oysters is treated as a set for one person, and that's a minimum order, one cannot share, or have 18 say, I don't know why, it has just always been like that here. If you are not a huge oyster lover, you can have the best looking Madagascar prawns instead. I think they also have a mix to share for 2 personnel which includes oysters, prawns, sea urchins and clams too, though I have never tried only seen others order. I note other reviewers' comments from time to time on service, but I have never had bad service here, even when it was ran by the madame & Mr who dont fancy the English language as much as we may do, but who have now for most part handed over the reigns to the younger generation. The young lady front-of-house speaks excellent English, is super helpful and courteous. I cannot wait to get back to this old favourite later this year.

Reviewed March 31, 2019

We tried 2 different type of oysters and had 2 glasses of champagne with them. Excellent quality and good service! recommended!!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank AnnSophie-it-dk
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food. No doubt one of the best. But racist service. I'm from Singapore so screw you. I have yet to finish my goat cheese, waitress ask if we were finished. You Blind? When I put the first osyter shell on the table, waitress tell me to put on the plate instead rudely, not to dirty the table. Served other table water but didn't served us water. When finish the platter, waitress removed everything immediately. For other table, people had left, the plates are still laying around. When I go toilet, owner went in to check after I wash my hands. Worst restaurant experience. F#*& you. If you look chinese, don't go this place. Fking your racist attitude, grow up.

Date of visit: March 2019