“Delicious and fresh and french”
Review of Huitrerie Regis

Huitrerie Regis
Ranked #547 of 18,014 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: 16 Seats,some more outside when the sun helps! First arrived, first served (no reservation) to enjoy fresh oysters delivered daily from the producer and a bit more.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is the smallest restaurant ever, which gives it a cosy atmosphere. It's very clean feeling. The oysters are delicious and so are the prawns from Madagascar. The waitress was a little slow to come over and I understand what some of the reviews mean about this. I wanted to share the 12 oysters with my husband and order some prawns, which was fine but when she wasn't sure I was going to order the prawns as I'd expressed a wish to share the oysters, I could see there was going to be a problem!
It's great for a light lunch in a great location, and it's not bad value at all. It was really fun, and special. A great find and I would def go back.

1  Thank RosieYum

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great oysters served up in an impeccably clean and bright restaurant. My wife and I dined on the set lunch menu which included a dozen oysters each with six shrimp and we added on the sea urchin. The oysters are simply spectacular. They are of a quality that we have not been able to find in the states. The proprietor is clearly passionate about his fare and the servers spoke English. If you are in Paris and looking for fine oysters served in a simple and pleasant restaurant I strongly recommend Huiterie Regis.

1  Thank jeff w
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Yesterday I went to this small restaurant with my girlfriend, we orderd a bottle of Champagne, 12 oysters, 6 prowns and some more food for me, as she didn't want to eat. Once I order a very bad-mannered waitress ask me: et Mme? My girlfriend said, thanks I'm ok.

The UNBELIEVABLE answer from the waitress was: you have to order oysters. She said, sorry I don't like oysters....

Obviously we left the place and we will never come back. Whewe left the owner said: I'm sorry FOR YOU.

I would think twice before going to a place attended by people like this. This is a shame for the image of France and the nice people you find most of the time, specially out of Paris.

6  Thank 20yearstraveling
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

This is the best oyster restaurant I have ever been in Paris because prices are reasonable, service is good and oysters are very fresh, also restaurant is small and cosy, thus there isn't too much noise of too much people... It is at the center of st german des pres, so very easy to find and near the metro station. We ate 12 oysters per person which was enough and drink a glass of wine and coffee, paid only 60 euros. Special oysters are very good, larger than the others, recommended!

1  Thank Sv K
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is TINY but so fresh and clean looking. We ordered two dozen raw oysters and a dozen boiled shrimp. Top that with a lovely premier cru Chablis and you have yourself a romantic little lunch! It was the perfect compliment to some of the heavier eating we had done. They dont take reservations so you just have to risk it. It was well worth the risk to us.

1  Thank Amandanusm