“Last oysters before pregnancy!”
Review of Huitrerie Regis

Huitrerie Regis
Ranked #616 of 17,277 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: 16 Seats,some more outside when the sun helps! First arrived, first served (no reservation) to enjoy fresh oysters delivered daily from the producer and a bit more.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Last oysters before pregnancy!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I came to Paris for just two nights, and I knew in advance that this was the one place I wanted to try before we left. I love oysters, and I wanted to try French oysters before trying for baby #2! We were able to wander in on a Friday night and be seated immediately, and the hostess/waitress was extremely friendly. Though my husband was full before finishing his dozen oysters, I could have eaten three dozen; they were plump and perfectly briny, and so, so fresh! The house Sancerre was also spectacular, and I think I have found a new favorite wine. I am not much of a straight coffee drinker, but the cup that came at the end of the meal was so good that I gulped it down. Though the place is tiny, and it's easy to bump into nearby diners, this place was charming and special, and I am so glad it was my first ever French meal!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Belmont, Australia
“No better place for oysters in Paris”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A lunch with a difference. Fresh oysters presented beautifully with service to match. Couldn't think of a better food to accompany a good white wine. Starter of scallop pâté followed by the freshest oysters in town. Makes a change from the usual Parisian restaurant.

1 Thank BJbelmont
Ontario
“This Restaurant Changed My Mind About Oysters”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband is a huge fan of oysters and I, having only tried them twice, was simply not convinced. We decided to give Huitrerie Regis a try as it had really good reviews, and my husband was really interested in trying it out. I was a good sport and tagged along.

When we arrived at the resto, we were surprised as it was elbow to elbow, jammed inside. There was one open table inside, but we would have been wedged between two busy tables (I mean wedged!). We asked if we could wait a few minutes for an outdoor table. The waiter was so kind as to open a new table for us outdoors so we didn't even have to wait. We sat down and enjoyed overhearing the banter of locals and watching people go by.

We each ordered a platter of oysters (boy, was I such a sport) but my platter had several shrimp included. The platter was served with bread and butter on the side, as well as a ramekin of shallots in vinegar and plenty of lemon wedges as well.

The shrimp were fantastic, which I really wasn't too worried about. But imagine my surprise when i tried one oyster, and then another, and then another, and realised that I was actually ENJOYING them. (I had only had one glass of wine, so I was still in touch with all of my senses.)

This was one of our more memorable and delightful dining experiences in Paris and I would recommend it to oyster lovers and oyster haters alike. Regis just might change your mind!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank jaindough
Melbourne, Australia
“4.5 Best Oysters are here!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great for entrees before a main course at another restaurant. Minimum order is a dozen oysters.

This is a great example of how specialising in something can work really well. Oysters is the main stable here - and not cheap by any means but quality is the draw card. This small restaurant (with very confined working space for the staff) sits no more than 12 people inside and say 6 outside - its reputation for fresh oysters has a constant turn over of customers.

Le chef is in constant motion shucking the oysters which come in a variety and are as freesh as can be. We settled on 12 large Special Claires which were plump but not overly creamy. The quality really was the best. We also had shrimp (you cannot order a dozen between two diners). The prawns were medium size compared to what is offered in Australia and were not as tasty as the Ozzie varities. Still, they were fresh and one could tasts the sea.

There was fresh gain bread served throughout. We had a nice bottle of white wine to accompany the oysters and this came straaight out of the box, was poured into a glass carafe and sat in an ice bucket to cool - very minimum and very workable in the confines.

The meal cost E90 so only go if you are prepaared tto spend on seafood and work on the basis a main meal is likely to be required after a short wonder back through the alleys of other finer-end restaurants.

3 Thank Webster27
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great oysters and service”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Got a table for lunch without a wait. Had 2 dozen oysters and a bottle of white. The place is cozy, clean, and bright. The service was good and fast.

• Visited May 2013