“Best hammer crab”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ternes
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

This place so unique u will love it. All simple and cosy but the food first class. We are traveling alot but this place has the best oyster we ate. It was so good at our dinner we did eat again for lunch. The staff also very friendly even if u speak only abit french. This place we really recommend to everybody and also we will be back here when we are back in lovely Paris.

Date of visit: September 2016
3  Thank asiafantasy
Write a reviewReviews (734)

Reviewed August 30, 2016

I have been going to Le Crabe Marteau every time I am in Paris and I must say that I am never disappointed.
The crab is always fresh, the potatoes are succulent and the service is great, always smiling and a nice little word for every customer.
I can't wait to go back to Paris to go back there

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed August 29, 2016

We visited the Crabe Marteau out of curiosity and after reading several interesting reviews online. Upon our arrival and after ordering a few beers we were given wooden hammers and donned bibs…we quickly realised this would not be an ordinary dinner…

We ordered the platter of fried shrimp to start and for our main course we had a full crab with steamed potatoes and a half crab with crayfish.

We were initially somewhat perplexed at how to penetrate the hard shell and access the delicious and juicy meat within. After a few failed attempts with our hands we realised that it was ‘hammer time’, and so, we gave it everything we had. To be honest the poor crabs didn’t stand much of a chance, my girlfriend was super hungry she let go her full fury with her hammer (I got scared). At one point a crab claw flew from her plate to the adjoining table. I don’t think our neighbours were very amused; they smiled nervously and then rapidly put on their bibs for fear of further airborne crab debris.

Overall, the crabs and the crayfish were quite delicious and the portions are very generous. Sadly, I must say, our shrimp starter was quite tasteless, very difficult to clean and eat, and at 27 euros, way way overpriced! But the Crabe Marteau is quite a nice restaurant and it is a fun and very messy finger food experience.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank K P
Reviewed July 27, 2016

If you like fresh crabs,oysters and fish -> VISIT. They bring fresh seafood in daily from the north of France. You get given an apron and hammer and are then let loose at the crab. Everyone is banging their hammers which is great fun. You get some potatoes to go with it and the house white that we had was very good. I highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank RRS99
Reviewed July 11, 2016

great for social events - a lot of fun with and allows clients to have fun with their food while dining on beautifully cooked crab.

Date of visit: December 2015