“Loved our trip to Paris - Villa Picasso is...”
other travelers have booked this property
Artist's studio in house. Comfortable bed in white sofa.
A nosy neighbor named Pablo.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Artist's studio in house. Comfortable bed in white sofa.
A nosy neighbor named Pablo.
You'll have a rare townhouse smack in the middle of Paris.
One of our guests.
The same 1906 model that Ravel used to compose 'Bolero'
Hundreds of CDs and tapes hiding behind that palm.
Sorry, the model doesn't come with the bed.
There's no end of things to look at.
Your host, Steve, is second from left
Big living/dining room. Table seats 8.
Oil on canvas by 19th century minor French master.
A statue of a minstrel from medieval times.
Watch your neighbors stroll by as you eat. Of course they can watch you too.
We can't resist making things look nice.
If only you could tan through windows....
Your eat-in country kitchen...
...has all the modern conveniences, plus a stock of oils, vinagers, condiments, coffees and teas.
Bedroom on quiet garden with working fireplace...
If you sleepwalk you'll have lots of room.
You can cuddle up in front of a crackling fire.
Your Neighbors include 2 emergency doctors and 3 working artists.
Large upstairs bedroom...
has a working firelace and...
...an en-suite bathroom.
Another bathroom: toilet, bath, stand-up shower, 2 sinks and 2 hairdryers.
Same bathroom, opposite direction.
2 Metro lines. You can see the house behind it on the right.
Metros are clean, silent and easy to use.
The Luxemburg gardens, 5 minute's stroll from the door.
...Rent a little boat if you like sailing.
There are sidewalk cafés on virtually every corner.
More artist's studios across the street.
Farmers' Market Wednesday and Saturday 100 yards from the house.
It becomes an arts and crafts market on Sundays.
Montparnasse cemetery just behind the house.
Paris has art everywhere. This is a neighboring building.
An amazing fountain, 100 yards from house. It flows in summer.
The Catacombs, 200 yards from your door.
Cartier Foundation for Contemporary Art,  100 yards from house.
Quai d'Orsay Museum (my favourite) 10 minute bus ride from your front door.
Two-minute walk to famous brasserie La Coupole.
Duc, perhaps the world's best fish restaurant , directly across the street.
La Mère Agitée, unique.
A favorite with guests; geat home cooking 30 yards from the house.
Where Picasso and his friends passed their afternoons.
Interior of La Rotonde.
As seen from top of Montparnasse Tower, 200 yards from house.
Walk to Notre Dame Cathedral in 20 Min.
Even the department stores are beautiful.
And cloudy days can be breathtaking. The Seine is a 30-minute stroll away.
The French just don't know how to do ugly! (Pont Alexandre III)
In fact they create beauty without even trying. (Pl Furstenburg, 20 min. stroll)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
MaryKay29...
Tampa, Florida
“Loved our trip to Paris - Villa Picasso is Amazing!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My family of four (12 and 15 year old) and our friends family of four (10 and 13 year old) stayed at Villa Picasso for 5 days in July. We booked Steve's place because of the pictures we say online and because of the great reviews we read about it! We couldn't have picked a better place for all us! For not knowing Paris, we completely "lucked" out! The history of the house is amazing enough but the neighborhood is just as wonderful. We were able to enjoy seeing all the main "tourist" sites but were able to come home to a completely peaceful and friendly neighborhood. We pretty much followed all of Steve's suggestions and we were so glad we did! Valerie's restaurant is a must!! It was one of our most memorable nights in Paris. I can't say enough about it - I give it 5 stars and I am already dreaming of my next trip to Paris and staying at Villa Picasso!!!

Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
William H
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Just got back a few weeks ago from a stay at Villa Picasso with my parents, wife, our child (14 months), my sister, her husband, his brother and my sister's three children (7, 5
& 4) and had the opportunity to stay in Villa Picasso for 6 nights. What a wonderful place to stay in Paris! Perfect location (literally 10-12 steps from the Metro)! Comfy beds! Great ambiance! It is an old house with loads of character, which is what we/I loved about it! We felt safe in the area too. There is a grocery right on the block across the street. Steve was great to deal with through the whole process and is probably one of the most interesting persons I have ever met! It was fun checking out all of Steve’s fun collections and art throughout the house which seemed to me to be a cross between a second hand book shop and an antique store. It was still very kid friendly. Mention to Steve if you are driving a car there, he will explain where to park and where not to park, etc. Also, since it looks like Steve addressed most of the past suggestions on here- my suggestions would be to print out washer/dryer instructions in English after receiving the make and model of the machine. Steve offered up lots of advice and was very accessible, which is something you normally miss out on with the rentals that you get in hotels. His best recommendation- be sure to eat at Il Barone! We hit the jackpot in picking this house! Steve even saw us off. A great experience all around.

Ease of booking Directions to the property
Key pickup/access to the property Overall condition
Quality of bedding/mattresses Kitchen/utensils quality
Cleanliness of bathroom Quality of facilities/amenities
Liked best: Location, Decor, Beds, Owner Hospitality
Liked least: tricky washer/dryer, shower temp control
My age: 35-49
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend? Yes.
Older travelers Families with young children
The property was "as advertised". I recommend the location. The property was a good value for the price paid. The property provided wifi/internet access. My security deposit was returned on time.

christina...
Austin, Texas
“A special place!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Steve was really friendly and helpful from the time I reserved the place until we left. I traveled with my husband, brother-in-law and three young children (4,6 and 7) from Warsaw, Poland. We met my parents, brother, his wife & one year old who traveled from Belgium. We were still driving to Paris and my brother and parents met Steve to get the keys to the apartment. They said he was very friendly and spent an hour or so showing them the place and giving them the history which my family loved! You can tell he really takes pride in his home and making sure that his guests are well cared for.

It was plenty big for us and we all enjoyed the piano and ambiance of the home. It is truly a special place and a great location! The metro stop is right outside the door which made the return from our days adventures so easy and nice. I would highly recommend this place! Thanks Steve for your hospitality and beautiful home!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the piano and location
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
amandabzc
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Just got back from a stay at Villa Picasso with my parents, husband and three children (6,16,19) and had the opportunity to stay in Villa Picasso for 5 nights. What a wonderful place to stay in Paris! Perfect location! Comfy beds! Great ambiance! It is an old house, but that is what I loved about it! We felt safe in the area and having the metro right outside the door was something we didn’t realize before the trip would be such an asset. There is a grocery right on the block across the street. The train to the airport is just 2 blocks away too- talk about convenient. Steve was great to deal with through the whole process. We locked ourselves out of the pantry (sorry, Steve) and I had to convince him not to come over right away- he would have. The next day when we got back, it was fixed (so it won’t happen again, I might add). It was fun checking out all of Steve’s fun collections and art throughout the house. It was still very kid friendly. Mention to Steve if you are driving a car there, we weren’t sure about unloading and parking. Also, since it looks like Steve addressed most of the past suggestions on here- my suggestions would be to print out washer/dryer instructions in English (we did find it on the internet) and spiff up the planting in the dining window boxes (loved sitting with the window wide open and watch the people walk by.) Steve offered up lots of advice and was very accessible, which is something you normally miss out on with the rentals that you get in hotels. His best recommendation- be sure to eat at Il Barone! We hit the jackpot in picking this house! Also, a lot of time with house rentals, there is a list of cleaning tasks to do before you leave. Thankfully, we just pulled the door shut and left- a true vacation!

Liked best: Location, Decor, Beds, Owner Hospitality
Liked least: tricky washer/dryer, shower temp control
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Families with young children
AMEarthla...
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Spectacular place to stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I just returned from a wonderful stay at Steve's place in Montparnasse. We were two couples with our children (three teens, 13, 115, 17). Not only is this home a stunning visual treat, it is in a great location with cafes, markets (the Rue Daguerre close by is just excellent for everything), metro, Luxembourg Gardens, all nearby. The area is not congested, unlike other more touristy areas that I've stayed in before, yet is bustling with life. Steve's apartment is on two floors and is a magnificently spacious and airy. The art and artefacts create such a rich ambience and there's a grand piano which was fun to play. There is plently of space for lounging - two sitting areas in fact, and a lovely dining area with french windows that open to allow a delightful breeze, and a great working kitchen in which we cooked meals with luscious produce from either Rue Daguerre or the Wednesday morning market around the corner on Edgar Quinet Blvd. The bedrooms are lovely and the beds very comfortable and the linens crisp. Steve is extremely charming and knowledgeable and is very generous. Would I recommend this place to friends? I already have as they've seen my facebook pictures and demanded to know the details. I'd return in a heart beat. Truly the best vacation rental ever.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The captivating ambience, comfort and location.
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
Management Response
Aug 23, 2014
Wow! Thank you. You were wonderful guests. Please come again.
KooKokKee
Singapore
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Our party of 7 stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. There is lots of room for everyone and the very near Metro station of Raspail makes it so convenient to get around Paris. I highly recommend it

CarolineB...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Eclectic and charming”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

...all rolled in to one!! What a fantastic property - we were a group of 6 and there is nothing negative any of us could say. It is spacious, light and we really felt that we were living in a true Parisian home. The review below pretty much sums up the facilities and layout. Steve made us feel very welcome and the house really did feel like it was our home for the week - no-one was worried about "touching" all the wonderfully interesting collections that Steve has built. The location is amazing - literally 1 minute from the Metro, about a 20 minute walk from Musee d'Orsay and a great selection of restaurants and bistros near and around the villa. We all adored the property and would love to return in the future. Merci beaucoup Steve pour ton grande hospitalitie!!

Liked best: Authentic French property
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing