“Pretty Good for a Weekend”
Review of Hotel Le Canal

Hotel Le Canal
Ranked #1,623 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 16, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Room was very clean and very close to the metro station - this is what I needed!! The Rooms were very comfortable and clean with very nice parisian decoration. Room included free wifi, heaven for me, as I was using my notebook maps to point the landmarks that we would visit. Breakfast was at an extra charge so we tried it for a day. It was basic and ok but we preffered the croissant from the several bakeries located everywhere in paris. The metro station was 1min walk and opposite there was a cheap supermarket where we bought many necessities. Reading the reviews some said that it was on a bad neighbourhood but I did not notice anything suspicious or dangerous and yes we went for a stroll at night to see the area. Anyway I totally recommend it! The price is amazing, the staff was very helpfull, the area is convenient and the room is clean!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

my husband and I recently (feb 2013)stay in this hotel.we had read some good and bad reviews about this hotel but thought we'd make up our our minds and considering we didnt pay too much for a room werent really expecting a fantastic experience...when we arrived the staff we most helpful and let in our room early,but we were shocked how small the room was.it was adequate for our needs as all we wanted was a room with a nice shower room...but when i came to sleeping the bed was very uncomfortable and hardly slept the whole 5 days we were there.my husband who is fluent in french asked if there was any way we could stay on the top floor and the 1st member of staff we talked to said yes but when we were given our key the 2nd member of staff said we would be given a room on the 3rd floor and when my husband enquired about it this member of staff said they were fully booked and this was all they could offer us
As regards the cleanliness of the room i cant complain but to be fair the room was so small it wouldnt have taken long to clean!the shower room as adequate but sometimes we werent given enough towels.also there wasnt any cups in our room to make use of the kettle?we had to ask for these which took awhile for them to find some.
The breakfast was ok if you could eat pastry but i have a gluten allergy and couldnt eat them and when i asked them in an email 2weeks before we arrived if it was possible to have something else all they did was send me an emails telling me what was for breakfast.So i took my own gluten free bread and had it with cheese.they do not have any toasting facillities which is very strange for a hotel offering breakfast.i was told there were eggs on the menu but rarely were they available(2 days out of the 5).
I know this might sound negitive but it wasnt the worse hotel ive ever stayed in but by no means was it the best,all i can say is the offer an ok standard but i wont be reccomending this hotel to any of my friends or business accaintances

Room Tip: this hotel in right next to the riquet metro stop so good for getting into central paris
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Le canal was the cheapest hotel I could find during the new year break in Paeis. We stayed there for 2 nights. The location was not the best, Effile tower area was 2 tubes changes away which took around and hour to get there. Rooms were very small, single sized rooms with double bed in imagine that. There was not enough space to put our 2 trolley cases lie flat , me and my husband were always bumping into things n each other.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Malz81
Franck T, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Canal, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Good evening,
Thank you for your comment!
Corcerning the location, our hotel's plus is the proximity of the St.Martin's Channel and the famous Montmartre district with it's Basilica of the Sacré Coeur. What our clients usually appreciate is also the small distance to the Riquet metro station that enables a fast access to the city center.
The classic room you chose has a standard surface of 12m2, which is the standard hotel room size in Paris. For your information, the superior rooms are bigger (14m2).
We will be glad to receive you in our hotel next time!
Best regards,
Kristyna

Reviewed January 12, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Hotel rooms are tiny, not enough room for two people to stay with their bags!

Rooms dirty (see pic) hairs that weren't ours all over the bathroom... Bed sheets had stains / marks.

Luckily only spent one night here - where I had no sleep from the itching lying on the bed. We left 12 hours ago and I am still itching!!

Only good thing is there was free wifi, but it was slow... Only enough speed for basic Internet!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank ReecePugh1986
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel itself was fine, bit of a tight squeeze in the rooms we used. The reception staff we met were all very helpful and polite. The only thing I really did't like was the area, we were told not to go out alone by the taxi driver we had, also I would not recommend couples going to this hotel or this area its not suitable. Other than the area it was a good stay.

Room Tip: higher floor for less noise from the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends