“good experience reasonable price”

L'Auberge du Louvre
Ranked #4,925 of 17,598 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After some unsatisfactory experiences, I had to make the right choice for the last dinner before the end of our short vacation in Paris. I remembered this place where I ate with my wife in Jul.2009. I was lucky to find it out again by attempt. The atmosphere is romantic with candles on any table and warm dim light. There are 3 waiters: you should beware of the smaller one who treats you roughly (at least he does not let you feel to be a tourist). We were served by him as it happened 4 years ago. We were four. We had a good fois gras, fondu, entrecote, warm cheese (recommended), tartare (recommended) that was as good as I remembered, dessert and a bottle of red wine (Cote Rhone at good price). The food was served promptly. We spent 100€, however if I had studied better the fixed price menù we could have saved some money (eg: sharing 3 menù in 4 persons). I recommend this place.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am parisian I know what is the good food or not.
L'auberge du louvre is not a restaurant. The place looks nice, that's all. The food was a nightmare.
I read some good testimony. These poeple doesnt know what is food.
The oignon soup was with creamy cheese inside. Bad
The gesier salade was made with very low quality ingredients. Badsalad, bad gesier.
We wait more than 30 minutes for the main dish.
And the icing on the cake : they "forget" to give back 10 € on the change.

Please, there are so many nice and good restaurant in Paris.
Avoid this place.

2  Thank frordy
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Some friends and I ate at this restaurant twice during our recent stay and we all loved it,.The staff were friendly and professional.The food was served promptly and was delicious.Loved the french onion soup,beef bourginon with pastry and creme brulee and creme caramel.They were the best I have ever had The ambience was lovely and the two set menus were amazing value for money.I would definetly recommend it

Kathy Canberra Australia

1  Thank kathy f
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of five. We were curious about the Tartifflete. As starters we ordered onion soup, which was a deception since this is a must to try in France. It was unsalty and non-tasty. The bloc of foie was delicious, and the Tartifflete very good also. My child had steak frites that was also good. Desserts were flat: Crême caramel and apple tart. Very good Service and prices no doubt.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food here was amazing! Great value too. If you are in Paris- you should go.

PS. We thought it would be good as there was a local man at the table next to us who goes in every week!