“Great if on a budget”

Ranked #1,650 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Birmingham
“Great if on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was a little hesitant to book this hotel for 39 euros a night. For what I paid for it I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel itself is fine very clean and my room was reasonably well presented the bed was comfy and there was a sink in the room.

The local area seemed a little rough but I did not experience any problems at all. The keys turning in the locks are a bit noisy at night but this is probably the worst thing about the place. The hotel is very close to metro and relatively close to Gard du Norde. The staff were polite and also looked after my bag on the last day after check in with no extra charge.

If you are on a budget I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank senjay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The area was the first thing that struck us. Not a very nice area, but even this didn't seem so bad after a few days. We stayed for six days in total and the hotel was fine. Great location for tourist attractions. Rooms were small but clean. Free wi fi in our room. Sheets and towels changed every day. Hotel staff friendly enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank J0J0999
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have been charged twice by this hotel and they will not refund my money. I paid with cash upon check-out, only later to find that my card had been charged for this same amount. They are either completely incompetent or they have deliberately stolen my money, possibly both.

When I emailed the hotel they promised to refund my money. They did not do so, so I contacted the booking agent who have now told me that the hotel receipt and bank statement I have sent them are not good enough proof that I paid twice. For the money they've taken from me I could have actually stayed somewhere MUCH nicer.

Therefore, BEWARE. Should you choose to stay at this run-down little place for a cheap weekend in Paris, it may well not turn out to be a cheap weekend. DON'T PAY WITH CASH. I regret ever having visited and this has completely spoiled my impression of Paris and it's people.

Also, you should only stay if you speak good French as they do not speak English.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Katie B

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Norfolk Island, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed a weekend here. The price was good, hotel clean and staff most helpful.
It's located close to the Chateau d'Eu Metro station which is handy, but the surroundings for most part are not the most pleasant nor safest, which lots of shady activities going on.
Breakfast was excellent, and facility to leave luggage great.
However, you have to hand key into reception when leaving. They don't give you a key for the main entrance door, and reception shuts at 2am until 6am so any late nights you will be locked out!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DelanA82
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I'm a student and I was alone in Paris. it is good and cheep hotel (273 euro a week). and location is perfect... around 25 minutes on foot to Notre-Dam and Hotel de Ville. a bit red light district, but it's ok, I have been coming past 23 all week and nothing happend) good breakfast and friendly staff. cheap place in the center of PARIS))

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

A little bit of a red light district, but not too disturbing at all. Very quiet, small street. More or less walking distance to most important sites in all compass directions. Best available price for 3 adult (one teenager) persons in one room. We more or less only slept at the hotel so it was very much worth the price. WI-FI for free.
Family was running the hotel and they were all very service-minded even if the hotel itself couldn't offer much. Simple, but clean....except one bed cover, probably washed but it didn't help much.
If you want to spend money on good food instead and not spending much time at hotel, I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want Tv (only Frence channels), ask if the antenna is connected. We didn't bother to comp...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lars P
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We went on a long weekend break with my mum and my sister. The photos on the website look absolutely nothing like the actual hotel itself. The bedding sheets were spotless and clean, but the blankets were a bit smelly. Bathroom was absolutely tiny, if you are a bigger person you may not even fit in the shower, its that small. Even if you manage to fit in you cant turn around and the horrible shower curtain always get stuck to me. The rooms were not cleaned daily, all they did is picked the towels off the floor and hang them up, they didn't even change it.
The location is great, its between 2 metro stations and its really central and easy to get to everywhere. Cheap but fab reasturants were very local to the hotel. So if you did a bit of shopping and spending during the day you were guaranteed a very decent 3 course meal for about 18 euros pp including drink.
To be honest I wasn't too bothered about the hotel as it was cheap and I had a bathroom and a roof over my head for the night.
We were out all day and by the time we got back were too knackered to criticize the hotel haha.
I would probably go back for the value and the location.

I would recommend it to people looking for a cheap getaway. However if you are fussy and you look for 5* service in a 2* hotel then please find something else instead.

Enjoy Paris, its beautiful!

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you have trouble walking request a lower level floor as the stairs to the 5...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends