“Good location but out of the action”
Review of Villa Brunel

Villa Brunel
Ranked #819 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Johannesburg
“Good location but out of the action”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is a few roads back from Arc de Triomphe so well located. Has nice cafe's around and is close to 'Argentine' metro. Quite a walk to Champs Élysées but with the metro, that's not too hectic a problem. We had dinner around the corner at La Maison and was very good.. Rooms are small but adequate, carpets a little old and could do with renewing! Lift tiny! Bathroom nice in size but water leaks all over the bathroom is you turn it on full.

All in all, a decent hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked this small hotel throught Booking.com as Paris was fully booked last week, It was only for one night but very poor. The room was ok in size but the dirty carpet , the tiny flat pillow and worst a badly made bed was really enough for me.
Then breakfast was very poor , service again very poor - I asked for 2 A4 envelope at reception which they unwillingly gave me one and said they could not give me any other even if paying. We had a lot of luggage and he pointed that we should walk to a taxi in the next stand.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed at the Villa Brunel with my girlfriend for 5 nights in June 2012.

The hotel was a great little private hotel with great staff and a great central location.

The room we stayed in, 44, was small but perfect for what we needed as we were not planning on being in the room long.

It cost 45 euros for us to get a taxi from CDG Airport as we were a late flight, but this caused no issues for us when we arrived, the check in was swift.

The Air Frace coach from CDG airport is the cheaper option for 2 people at 17 euros each and it takes you directly to the shopping centre across the road from the hotel.

All the main attractions are within walking distance from the hotel, the Arc de Triumphe a 20 min walk and about a 40 min walk to the Eiffel Tower.

We took part in the 'Fat Tyre Bike Tour' which I will write a review about later, this tour leaves from the south leg of the Eiffel Tower and costs 30 euros for the tour. In groups of around 20 you travel around most of the main attractions around Paris with your guide and stop off for lunch on the day tour, or a ice cream and then a river cruise and wine on the night tour. ( look uo Fat Tyre Bike Tour, Paris on google).

Room Tip: Room 44 was small but perfect for what we needed, larger rooms are available but may be at a more ex...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris
Reviewed May 1, 2012

we were very comfortable during our stay in villa brunel. Although rooms were a little small, they were recently renovated, modern and clean. i will definitley consider villa brunel when i travel paris in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank doctor from tur... Y
Israel
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Rooms are nice, tastefully furnished, good bathroom (no bathtub). Good location, near Arc de Triomphe/Champs Elysees and Palais du Congres. Many close-by stores, restaurants and cafes (also kosher).
No good facilities for working in the room, tiny desk, no proper desk chair (only a low stool). When I asked for a chair with a back, I was told there were none available.
Rooms smelled strongly of cigarette smoke when I came, night concierge flatly denied it. When I woke up the next morning and confirmed that the smell was there and still going strong, the concierge came with a deodorant spray, and offered to change to another room the next morning (by which I was already unpacked and unwilling to move).
When I checked out, there was an E$30 charge for bedspread cleaning. Upon checking, I was told there was a stain of banana mashed into the bedspread. When I asked why wasn't I informed whenever that happened (three days ago by their account) so I could have had a chance to contest the charge, they told me they didn't have to, that it is perfectly legitimate to let me know only three days later at check out, and if I didn't like the service next time I should stay in another hotel. All this in a rude and arrogant tone of voice. Needless to say that's what I will do.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business