“Will go back to Paris if only to stay here!”

Bed & Breakfast Bouchardon
Ranked #13 of 137 Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Paris was our last stop in Europe of a 7 week holiday before heading to Dubai then home. Whilst I was excited to see Paris in all its glory - I was especially looking forward to staying here.

Having read many of the previous reviews on BBB, we were expecting a lot and this place did not let us down.

My husband and I arrived on a Saturday to drop our bags off before dropping off the rental car, we caught some traffic driving up from Epernay so arrived a little later than we had hoped which left us a little strapped for time - so I can only imagine how I looked when I arrived at their front door with 2 large luggages and 4 other bags of things we had accumulated over our holiday.

They were quick to sort out our luggage, while helping me find the correct location for our car drop off and in the meantime calling up Moulin Rouge to confirm we could use the tickets from the iPhone as opposed to printed tickets. I have to say in the first 10 mins of my arrival... I felt like both Jozsef and Frederic were a God send!

Finally we dropped our car off and made our way back to the apartment where we were sat down with Frederic and he went over some things that were extremely helpful to us over the next three days. Places to see, best way to catch the train, how to save money on the tickets and great shopping suggestions and places to eat.

The location of the apartment is perfect - central to most things and an easy walk to the train station. They also provide you with a little booklet with maps based on the areas and it includes great little tips on where to eat - we tried a couple of places suggested and they were excellent!

The room - whilst they insist is small - is more than comfortable for two people and a lot of thought has gone into the space saving design of the room and bathroom, which is also evident throught the rest of their apartment (which is just beautiful by the way).

The bathroom was actually larger than some others that we had encountered along our holiday but was extremely clean and the shower had perfect pressure.

Breakfast was a feast in the morning! There was always some fresh fruit and cheese or cold meats and it was just devine. I was sure that Jozsef thought I was a little piglet cause I couldn't stop eating everything!

It was also lovely that on our first morning breakfast both Jozsef and Frederic were able to sit and have a coffee with us and make some suggestions on what to do for the day. They are both funny, charming and intelligent and made us feel extremely welcome in their home. We didn't feel like we were intruding and felt like we had known them for ages.

The icing on the cake was when they offered the room for us to use until our early evening departure - granted no-one was booked in until two days later but they didn't have to offer it to us.

I would highly recommend BBB to anyone looking for a great stay where you feel welcome, the breakfasts are amazing, the bed is super comfortable and the place is clean.

We will return to Paris and when we do, we will stay here again no doubt.

Thanks again to Jozsef and Frederic for making our stay in Paris one that we will boast about for years to come!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank didi1182
There are newer reviews for Bed & Breakfast Bouchardon

Reviewed September 22, 2013

You should absolutely believe all wonderful reviews of B&B Bouchardon. What makes this B&B so special and fantastic is Frederic and Jozsef. They are the most wonderful couple you could ever meet.....kind, charming, funny, and so welcoming. We felt so lucky to be able to stay in such a beautifully decorated home which is also very comfortable and inviting. Their advice on what to see, where to eat and shop were invaluable to us. We prefer small, lesser known museums and without their recommendations I am sure we would have never found them on our own.

We felt the location was perfect. Close to many things but yet on a quiet street. All the sites you may want want to visit were either a metro ride away or if you like to walk like we do you, many could be reached by walking if you wished to do so. There were many good restaurants literally right outside the door of the B&B, or within an easy 10 minute walk as well.

Like the rest of the apartment, our room and bathroom were beautifully appointed in a soothing color palette with a very comfortable bed and oh so soft bed linens and good pillows. Again, the bathroom (and bedroom) were spotlessly clean. Nice fluffy towels and any personal products you may need (shampoo, lotion, etc.) and a great shower too. You could tell that there was so much thought put into the space for your personal comfort. No detail large or small was overlooked. In fact, we found ourselves wanting to sleep in quite often.

What did make us want to wake from our slumber each morning was knowing what awaited us in the kitchen. Breakfast! Each morning Jozsef prepared a feast for the eyes and for our stomach. I happen to love fruit so each morning I couldn't wait to see what work of art had been created. The table was set so superbly and with everything you could want...croissants, variety of breads/biscuits, yogurt, jams, honeys, variety of cheeses and meats, juices and coffee. It was our favorite meal of the day.

In closing I would like to say that our holiday to Paris was made that much more wonderful because of our stay at B&B Bouchardon and knowing Frederic and Jozsef. We really enjoyed our time with them and the great conversations that we had. I felt that we arrived as guests but left as friends.

A bientôt.

Jodi & Jim
New York

Room Tip: There is only one room and it is beautifully appointed!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JodiS809
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I never thought I would miss being away from a bed and breakfast as much as I do, but my experience at BBB was so amazing, it makes me want to return again now!

What made my stay so special was not just the incredibly comfortable bed or the exquisite breakfasts that were lovingly prepared to surpass all of my expectations of taste and selection, it was also the personal touch that Jozsef and Frederic imparted from start to finish. They assisted with directions to anywhere I inquired about and I was provided with a handbook for the Metro and districts so I could find my way around Paris. I was even able to purchase a Museum Pass from them directly so I could hit the ground running on my first day, visiting attractions and getting to know the City. They sent the extra mile and packed lunch for me when I had to get up very early one morning to make my trek out to Versailles!

The breakfasts featured everything from traditional croissants and interesting cheeses to local fruits, meats and delicious coffees and teas. The room was comfortable and clean with windows opening out to the courtyard so there were nice, cool breezes to carry us off to sleep every night. In the morning, i spent time in conversation getting to know Jozsef and Frederic while feasting on the best from local purveyors of baked goods and cheeses.

They live on the top floor but there is a lift to assist if stairs are not your idea of fun and exercise. The location is close to Metro access and the train station, and there are restaurants and cafes located within walking distance. There is also a small local market located across the street in case you need any of the essentials.

I can't wait to return to BBB. Frederic and Jozsef became my friends and made my stay more than comfortable, they made me feel like I was at home. I highly recommend their lovely BBB!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jettdi
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This review is long overdue as my husband and I were guests at BBB in the beginning of July. As I reflect back on my trip though, staying at BBB has some of the fondest memories for me.

From the minute I contacted Jozsef and Frederic they were welcoming and answered any questions I had as this was our first trip to Paris. They also provided a friendly push to make some reservations ahead of time (like the Eiffel Tower) so that we would not be disappointed when we got there.

When we arrived we were welcomed into their home and found the accommodations to be perfect. The room has everything that you could need and space to unpack and hang your belongings for your stay. They answered all of our questions, gave guidance and suggestions for things to do and provided us with the ever-so-helpful little red book!! It felt like we were staying with friends, yet they were also very respectful of our privacy.

My absolutely favourite part of the whole trip was breakfasts with Frederic and Jozsef! We would sip fabulous coffees made by them and eat delicious breakfasts that were presented exquisitely. Jozsef went as far as to make a birthday cupcake out of cut fruit for my husbands birthday!!

One of my favourite sayings in "how you do anything, is how you do everything". It is 100% true in this case and everything they do is first-class!!

Thank you again Jozsef and Frederic - I cannot wait to stay with you again.

Room Tip: Sorry - there is no swimming pool or fitness centre but it wouldn't let me unclick to N/A and no...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jzinfinite
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had booked to stay with Frederic and Jozsef but unfortunately had to cancel as I am having a back operation soon. From the moment I got in contact with them for my initial booking I knew that it would be a marvelous experience. Unfortunately when I had to cancel my booking at the last minute they were most considerate and straight away refunded my deposit with courteousy. I know this is not a review of the b and b but just would like to let people know the calibre of these two hosts. Hopefully I will be able to travel next year and will certainly stay at their b and b for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DianaSydneyNSW
JT_FP, Propriétaire at Bed & Breakfast Bouchardon, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor readers,
We attach great importance to the correspondence with our guests before their arrival in our home, … we feel that through these primary emails we establish a first essential connection with our guests, … these exchanges are for some also the perfect occasion to get familiar and confident on matters concerning our B&B, the service we provide, our neighborhood and of course questions on Paris :-)… we feel very flattered that Diana thought this was worth mentioning here before we even had the pleasure meeting her in ‘live’ …
we take this opportunity to point out that, in case of a cancellation or change of date (for whatever reason that may be) we reimburse the advanced payment until 3 weeks before the arrival date!
Wishing you all wonderful journeys and beautiful places to discover ...
Jozsef

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We paid our second visit to BBB in June, and walking into Frederic and Jozsef's apartment again felt like catching up with old friends. We did indeed all have lots of news to share and things to chat about, and they greeted us so thoughtfully with a few treats from a very special gluten free patisserie not too far away. (To other gluten free potential guests, Helmut Newcake is most definitely worth a visit--that is, if you're not already too full from the gluten free breads and treats that Jozsef can add to the breakfasts upon request...)

Just like our first visit over the winter, our second stay at BBB was a pleasure in its entirety--from the extremely comfortable bed and high-quality linens, to the beautiful breakfasts that we looked forward to every morning, to the convenient and non-touristy location, and, of course, to great conversations with Frederic and Jozsef themselves. In fact, we have found that after our two stays at BBB, all other B&B's and small hotels seem to pale in comparison and have A LOT to live up to! :)

Thanks once again, Frederic and Jozsef! We look forward to seeing you again before too long!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi V
Reviewed July 26, 2013

What can I say about the B&B Bouchardon and the qualities of Jozsef and Frédéric that hasn't already been said? Everything you read in these reviews is true. The location is splendid, close enough to the center while being far enough away that you get a restful, traffic-free slumber. A metro stop is just a very short distance away. Combine that with Jozsef and Frédéric's extensive knowledge of the ins and outs of Paris (whether it be the arts, cuisine, or otherwise) and the city will your oyster! As to the bed and the breakfast, I've never before seen such attention to detail. The room was cozy and spotless and the breakfast...here I am left speechless. The pictures honestly speak for themselves, every last bite was delicious, and the quality and presentation are the same day after day, a testament to the proprietors! Jozsef and Frédéric are fantastic hosts. Warm, affable, never lacking for conversation, while at the same time quite understanding of when to be discrete and unobtrusive. If you're on the fence, don't hesitate. Your trip to Paris, much like mine, will be all the better for it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo