“Intimate romantic restaurant”

Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Intimate romantic restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a lovely little restaurant. Food excellent, ambience lovely and great service. A little expensive but you get what you pay for and it was well worth it.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Wow! Very nice food & excellent service”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The Boss & I just had dinner at Charbon as our last dinner in Paris. What a great dinning experience! Food was brilliant & service excellent. I would recomend to anyone & would love to come back when next in Paris. Also check out the loo, any 5 star hotel would be proud.

1 Thank Mat L
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, especially the steak!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On a recent trip to Paris, we were looking for a nice steak place to have our last meal. We stumbled across Charbon Rouge and were not disappointed!

To start, the waitress was very friendly and helpful, considering our French was quite poor. She made sure we understood everything and answered all of our questions.

The dips that came with the complimentary bread were lovely and we were told that they were Argentinian. Crab cakes were lovely and fresh. The best I've had to date. To follow we had the Argentinian rib eye and fillet - lovely! Cooked brilliantly! Even the frites were lovely!

Would definately go back again.

Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“The best pain perdu in Paris”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

It was my last night in Paris and I had wanted to try "french" toast. The concierge recommended Charbon Rouge which was within walking distance just across the Champs Elysee. They were expecting me and I got my order in right away despite the crowd. Shortly there after, I was able finish off the best "french" toast I've ever had! It was so good! Being a dessert in France and not breakfast, it's served with delicious ice cream and coffee gelatin cubes. The owner himself took the time to speak with me about my trip and my desire for his pain perdu. He was quite a gracious individual and after great conversation I now can call him my friend. I will certainly be back to visit the Charbon Rouge and Fernando on my next visit to Paris. I recommend you visit too.

2 Thank Trip117
Florida City, Florida
“Great Food!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were desperate for an American style Steakhouse and this place was perfect. The menu is not only American Steakhouse but a mixture of many foods. We had the most delicious Empanata's as an appetizer. The steaks were offered in many varieties such as Argentinian Beef, Wagyu Beef and the familiar Black Angus. We chose the Bone in Rib Eye Black Angus for 2 and it was perfect. The French fries were wonderful and the wine list had many good and reasonable priced bottles. After being outside the US for a long time, this restaurant was a refreshing comfort from the European exotic menus. The Brioche French Toast with Marscipone Ice Cream was a delicious ending to a perfect meal. The prices were more reasonable than most we've been to in Paris.

• Visited September 2012