“Always a pleasant meal”

Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Los Angeles, California
“Always a pleasant meal”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We always eat here when we're in Paris. The food is good, a likable staff, pleasant setting, and priced reasonably. In recent years it's become popular so make your reservations in advance.

Last night we ate a la carte -- My husband had duck with cherries which was excellent, I had the sea bass with asparagus which was fine not great. Both our deserts were excellent -- I had fresh red peaches in a sauce, my husband had the panna cotta.

The tasting menu is also always good and they will substitute courses if asked. The wine list is not extensive but meets our needs.

We've never been at L'agrume when it's been too noisy or with people talking on their phones. The dinner guests are a mixed group, age and nationality.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank marianneNyc

Toronto, ON
“Leave room for dessert!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I came across this restaurant during our last visit to Paris and we were both very impressed with the quality of food and friendly service. Definitely recommend making a reservation to guarantee a table, especially during the busier 8:30pm and beyond dinner hours. The menu isn't very extensive which is always a good sign of fresh and quality ingredients. They offer a 3 course option which you will not be disappointed with - from appetizer through to dessert. I finished with the lemon meringue pie and it was nothing short of amazing! Only caution is we were there on a hot mid-summer night and there wasn't any AC, so be sure to ask for a table outside if you prefer some fresh air. Overall, was a great experience and would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank MelinaToronto_ON
Texas
“Excellent Food And Service, Make A Reservation”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were just walking some of the area back streets one evening and passed by this small cozy restaurant. The restaurant was very busy and the food looked delicious, so the following night we decided to give it a try and very happy we did. Again the restaurant was almost full but we were early and luckily got a nice table outside. I had the Beef Plat, Creme Sauce and Eggplant . My spouse had the Veal Chop with Mushrooms. Both meals were excellent and the Eggplant was super. For dessert we had the Panacotta with Chocolate topping. The very nice waitress provided friendly and efficient service. As I said this is a small restaurant off the Main Street, so almost all customers were from the the local area and knew each other. We highly recommend you give it a try, but make a reservation if you can or get there early when they open.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank CDM49
Chandler, Arizona
“One of my favorites in Paris - great value, excellent food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is really a fantastic restaurant and one of my favorites in Paris. It's not in the tourist area, and is nothing fancy from the outside, so you aren't likely to stumble in here after a day of walking around.
It's a small place with only a few tables, so make a reservation.
TIP: Get a reservation at the counter. This makes the whole experience so much better. There is only about 4 seats, so make sure you call in advance. You can see a couple of my pictures from watching the "master" at work.

I always opt for the chefs menu as opposed to a la carte. It's realy a fantastic value for what you get. Menu changes daily based on the fresh ingredients that he has, but it's going to be a treat. It's usually 4 or 5 courses, and of course if you are at the counter you can watch him cook it all.
As others have said, the server is wonderful. Her and the chef used to work in Northern France at a hotel and she would always tell him that he's too good to be at a hotel and that he should move to Paris and open his own place. Well that is what he did and she came with him.
Last time we had a different wine with every course and she brought out the bottle and explained everything you could ever want to know about it. She even brought out a book of maps to show us where in France it came from.
One of the most intimate atmospheres I have been to in Paris (over 100 restaurants), and the food was top notch. If I recall, the menu is usually around 40 euros, which is a steal for what you get.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Steve D
dublin
“Great restaurant with lovely people”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a Tuesday evening but they were closed to celebrate their daughters birthday and last day in school. They insisted we join the party and plied us with champagne. The owners are a lovely young couple from Britanny who were very keen to demonstrate their Celtic kinship with us Irish.
They recommended Dans les landes and drew us a map of how to get there(see review of this restaurant)
We returned the next night an hour late and we mistimed our return from central Paris to find the restaurant packed however they had kept our table and greeted us like long lost friends. So to the food. You have to go for the 5 course tasting menu. The potions are small but the food is Michelin star quality. The staff were really friendly. Every dish is explained. You can see you food being cooked right in front of you in the open kitchen. You would pay four or five times the price for this quality in Dublin. It is not the easiest place to find. But it is well worth making the trip

Visited July 2013