“Fabulous vacation property!”
other travelers have booked this property
Vue of Passy from the Deck
Port de Suffren from the Isle des Sygnes Port de Suffren from the Bir-Hakeim Bridge
Check Availability
New day in the old city
Vue of Simpatico and the Bir-Hakeim bridge
The bridge at sundown
Our Ancestors
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Oxford, Ohio
“Fabulous vacation property!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I just returned from a week at Bateau Simpatico and it was fantastic -- as other reviewers note the location is unbeatable, access to train/metro is close-by, it's great to have a full kitchen and living amenities, and our host (Captain Bob) is extremely gracious with a wealth of information about the area. It's also a great destination for anyone who runs/jogs/walks for exercise -- the port area is generally closed off to vehicle traffic so long stretches of running path are right outside the door. I recommend this to anyone and everyone who is tired of regular hotel rooms, looking for more spacious and luxurious accommodations, and/or just want something a bit different. Highly recommended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location and spacious accommodations.
Liked least: Not relevant.
PBKESQ
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Living the life in Paris on the "Bateaux SImpatico"”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

My wife I I recently spent a week in Paris at the end of May, 2013 and the "Bateaux Simpatico" was our home for the week. Words and pictures alone simply cannot do the "Simpatico" justice. It is totally awesome and basically a work of art. The boat is moored in a perfect location near the base of the Eiffel Tower, and close to the Metro/RER station. Captn. Bob, the owner, greeted us on arrival as planned and gave us a full tour of the inner workings of the systems, appliances, etc. on board. The open floor plan makes the interior seem quite large and if you didn't know better, you would never think that you were on a boat. The bedroom has an extremly comfortable King size bed which backs up against a wall lined with portholes. At night, the boat gently rocks when the tour boats go by. All I can say is I slept like I owned the place! The decor is fabulous and befitting and I cannot imagine going back to Paris and staying anywhere else. Thank you Bob for helping make this one of our best vacations yet. If you are looking for a romantic get away in Paris, the Simpatico is where you should begin.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Nothing more relaxing than watching the sunset from the deck with a tray of French cheeses and a couple bottles of wine.
Friends getaway
RamblinMa...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If we could, we'd live there.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed on Bateau Simpatico for a week during our honeymoon, and it exceeded all our expectations. The location is within easy walking distance of both RER and Metro stations, and was a perfect home base for visits to all major locations in Paris.

It's hard to beat the view of the river and embankments--either through the portholes or from the deck. Many nights, we'd relax with a bottle of wine and wheel of cheese and watch the boats go by.

It's impossible to beat the view within the boat. Convenient switches allow you to bring light to every corner so that the floor-to-ceiling woodwork glows. Particularly nice touches include a custom built pot light (7th generation prototype, as Captain Bob informed us) for every porthole and the pair of stately walnut wardrobes.

Captain Bob is there as much as you need him to be. When we arrived, he showed us the ins and outs of the kitchen, lighting, and bathroom fixtures and provided a detailed overview of the best shops in the area. He was helpful with everything from the booking process to our search for a replacement electrical adapter.

Overall, the Bateau Simpatico beats any hotel room, hands down. We had a wonderful stay, and look forward to returning soon and often!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location--not to mention a full galley for dinner on the boat!
Liked least: Everything was awesome.
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
John K
Norfolk, Virginia
“Absolutely Amazing, Best Way to Experience Paris!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

When my wife and I decided to vacation in Paris, we knew we wanted a unique experience that staying at a hotel just wouldn't offer. After looking at apartment rentals, we stumbled on Bateau Simpatico. Right away we knew this was exactly what we were looking for - and we were not disappointed!

Situated right underneath the Eiffel Tower, the boat is in a perfect location to experience the city. There is nothing quite like walking back from dinner to see the tower lit up against the night sky. I can't say enough about how breathtaking the views are. Even after staying for a week we were still in awe on a daily basis.

Arriving at the boat we were greeted by the captain, Captain Bob. He gave us a nice overview of all the boat's features, and even gave us information on the local area (best grocery stores, places to eat, etc). Again, very different from staying at a hotel where you're pretty much on your own.

The boat is extremely spacious, and you can tell that Captain Bob has put a lot of effort into the decor - the pictures on the website simply do not do it justice. Everything is well maintained and looks great. It actually has a king size bed as well, which from our rental searches we found to be a rarity in Paris.

Another great feature of the boat was the cork board - in the kitchen (excuse me, galley) there is a cork board wherNo Fraud Issues | RMGe previous guests have put business cards of restaurants and their recommendations. We were able to find some very nice places to eat from that board, which was a great surprise.

One of the best things about Bateau Simpatico is that it is right next to two metro stops - the Bir Hakeim/Tour Eiffel on Metro Line 6 and the RER C Tour Eiffel. Very convenient for getting around the city as you never need to take a taxi. Also, the Bir Hakeim metro station has an open air farmers market every Wednesday and Sunday. Going to that was one of the highlights of our trip - we were able to experience Paris just like the locals.

Overall I couldn't have been happier about our stay. If I had to say anything negative it would be that the wifi that is available uses an old security standard that is incompatible with a lot of modern devices. As a techie, that was a bit disappointing. But then again, I didn't go to Paris to spend a lot of time online (and the air card I had rented was enough for when we did need it). That is literally the only thing I can say about the boat that isn't glowing - absolutely everything else about our stay was phenomenal and I can't wait to go back!

Liked best: Location & unique experience
Liked least: Outdated wifi - minor quibble
thepops_1...
Boston, Massachusetts
“No other stay in Paris could compare...”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 for a stay in November 2012

I have travelled extensively throughout Europe and the Caribbean, and the Bateau Simpatico rivals the best of the best to lay your head. The unique experience of staying on this boat was truly a joy. The location is situated a block or so from the metro, beautiful, safe, and a stones throw from the Eiffel Tower. The boat itself is, spacious, gorgeous and has all the amenities you would need or want in an accommodation. Falling asleep each night with the slight rocking of the boat from the waves of the Seine River, and classical music wafting through the air, was simply amazing. I have never felt so rested, safe, and peaceful while on vacation.

My friend and I visited Paris to see her son, while studying abroad for a semester. I unexpectedly fell in love with this city. I found the Parisian people courteous, helpful, and kind. I had heard many people speak of the Parisians as aloof and rude. I did not experience that at all, if anything, quite the opposite.

Bob, the Captain of this fine vessel and Ken, his wonderfully kind and helpful shipmate, were the perfect hosts. My hats off to the both of you. If you need anything, just ask, and they will help you. Bob and Ken, I miss you! Should I ever return to Paris, this is the ONLY place I would consider staying.

Take it from a person who knows. I would highly recommend the Bateau Simpatico to anyone looking for THE perfect place to stay in Paris. There is no comparable accommodation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Bob, Ken, and the Bateau Simpatico.
Liked least: Not applicable at this location - there is no least.
Traveling group: Friends
Families with young children
rally42
Perth, WA
“The photos don't lie......”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed for 7 nights on the amazing Bateau Simpatico and could not find any fault with it. This amazing canal boat is exactly as the photos show and even better, if that is possible. The location is excellent, being at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, near a Metro station, close to restaurants, bars and grocery stores, not to mention the Sunday and Wednesday fresh market stalls. The Simpatico is spacious and superbly appointed with comfortable bedding, roomy bathroom and full kitchen facilities.
The only point I would make is that we were unaware, until about our 4th day, that the owner, Cpt Bob, actually resides in the forward part of the boat.....the only reason I make mention of this is that he seemed to keep that fact a secret and never once during our 8+ months of correspondence did he mention it......a bit strange, we thought.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The boat itself and the location
Liked least: The secretive nature of the owner living on the boat without mention of it
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2012 for a stay in May 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
$1,824
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing