“Philippe best Tour Guide in Paris”
Review of Discover Walks

Discover Walks
Book In Advance
$57.06*
Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
$55.96*
and up
Montmartre Impressionist Art Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Musee d’Orsay...
$55.96*
Small-Group Le Marais Art Walking Tour and Skip-the-Line Picasso Museum Ticket
Ranked #10 of 183 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: How will you visit Paris? With expats, or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services? Alex, Charlotte, Bertrand and Cécile are native borns of Paris. We share our city. We do not give you a standard tourist product, we treat you like a visiting friend, sharing our city's confidential venues along with our famed landmarks. Our Discover Walks tours are fun, informative and personal, so you feel part of Paris. Our group tours are free of price - you pay what you want. Private, paid tours are also available. 5 free tours to choose from. We now also offer a Night Tour. All tours are easy and comfortable, in intimate, small groups, in English, and run every day run or shine.Guests say Discover Walks are like exploring Paris in the company of a local friend.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took part in the free tour offered by Philippe (Discovery Walks) around Montmatre area - including Sacre Ceur and surrounding streets. Philippe's relaxed and personal style made the walk most enjoyable and we didn't feel like "herded cattle"...I would recommend this tour for anyone wanting to discover the in's and out's of Montmatre or any of the other tours she offers.

Regards

Jacques (South Africa)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We did this tour on our first day in Paris and it was a great introduction to the city. Philippe our guide gave us a fact-filled two-hour tour of the area between the Notre Dame and the Louvre. This was the last evening tour of the summer season and we were glad to catch it (in mid-October). We were even inspired to add our initialed lock to the Pont des Arts. Thanks, Philippe!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Took an excellent tour of the Left Bank and hope to go on others soon! The guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and patient with our many questions. I have found myself going back to the stories and facts he shared as I've returned to the various sites since the tour. The pace was also very reasonable. I was so surprised to look at the map to see we had covered only a fraction of the distance I had imagine. Of course it was because we stopped and discussed so many treasured sites that I would have just run past on my own.
I only have one gripe and that is about the awkwardness of payment. The website said free, so I assumed we would tip the guide. At some point during the tour, he stopped the group to tell us how the company worked and went into how most tours of this caliber cost 14-15 euro, that he has to give the first 5 euro from each person to the company for marketing and other purposes, and that finally we could give whatever we wanted/felt the tour was worth. Just a heads up - you may want to bring more than the couple of euro per person that you might give as a tip on an otherwise paid for tour.

2  Thank TravelCuties
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our tour guide's name was Eglantine, and she was born very close to Montmartre, so it's only natural that her guide would be informative and personal. She was very smart and accommodating with our group which consisted of all ages and all physical abilities. There were some hills and challenging surfaces on which to walk (obviously...it's Montmartre) and she did a good job of waiting for everyone to catch up. I learned so much, and she was right. I felt a different about Paris and this beautiful little spot after we were done. And she even hooked us up with the name of a vegetarian restaurant to try. You pay based upon the experience. My wife an I paid 40 Euro (combined) for our trip. We thought she did an excellent job. (Tip: do these tours as close to the beginning of your trip as possible, so that you have time to really explore the places after the tour is over. We did ours on the last day we were here. Boo!!)

1  Thank ohiofoodie35
Reviewed October 18, 2012

While in Paris, last month, we took three Discover Walks. Bruno showed us the real Monmarte, Tomas led us through the Left Bank, and Philippe walked us by The Louvre, Notre Dame and nearby bridges. Each tour was informative and fun, highlighted by personal stories and unique antidotes. The fact that the tours are free, a gratuity is optional, makes them a great bargain! They are "walking" tours, and held rain or shine, so wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather. You will not be disappointed!