“Magnifique! Excellent French experience”
Review of Pouic-Pouic - CLOSED

Pouic-Pouic
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: Discover Pouic Pouic, a brand new restaurant in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Pres, its surprising and delicious cuisine, cooked to perfection, made exclusively with fresh seasonal products. Take a look at its beautiful wine list where some of the best vintages are listed beside excellent small producers wines.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went to this little French restaurant in Saint Germaine district after reading about tinting the Flybe magazine. It did not disappoint. We called to make a last minute reservation just in case it was over booked and were very fortunate to get a table for 2. The location is easy to get to from Odeon metro and about 5 mins walk. The area is vibrant! The restaurant is quaint and intimate. The atmosphere is pleasant and very French. The waiter and waitress we're welcoming and welcomed my bad French and spoke English too. We ordered the special surprises menu for 50 Euros each where you get 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 desserts. We asked the waiter to recommend wine by the glass and all I can say is that my taste buds and all senses were stimulated and indulged by the exquisite tastes of each course....daintily presented and enough to give you room for more until by the 3rd of 6 courses you wondered if you could get through the next. The timing of each course was impeccable and even the Chef served some courses personally! I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. It is one of the best places I have ever eaten and the staff was the most hospitable I have encountered for a very long time.
The only negative is it being a tight squeeze!( a plus for closeness)!
I am usually sceptical about budget airlines but thanks also to Flybe for this recommendation.
Tres magnifique! Bon appetite to a new level! Loved it❤️❤️❤️❤️

1  Thank Upnleave
There are newer reviews for Pouic-Pouic

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor within walking distance of our hotel, and made reservations via the hotel. We were seated promptly, with menu options outlined on a blackboard explained courteously by the waitstaff. The wine list was limited, but several reasonably priced wines were offered to accompany our entrees. My wife ordered fish, while I had steak, both very well prepared. We shared a dessert to finish a very good, reasonably priced dinner.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I have been dining in Paris for the past six weeks and Pouic-Pouic is a real find. The welcome we received from the manager was warm and personable and perfectly set the stage for a fine dining experience. I cannot give enough compliments on the sublime warm white asparagus entree with a hazelnut butter sauce and the wonderful principle plats of plump veal sweetbreads and wok sautéed rare tuna with julienned vegetables. All were superbly prepared with care of fresh ingredients, precise cooking and beautiful presentation. The two desserts, rhubarb bisque with strawberry ice and a mille-feuille with pastry cream and butter caramel with sea salt, were two of the best we have had in a city known for its desserts. Over and above the great food and ambiance, the chef spent time speaking with us to give us insights on how he prepared the meals we so much enjoyed. It capped off a wonderful lunch

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed in St Germaine de Pres for 5 nights during French Open followed hotel clerks recommendations for restaurants which worked in 4 out of 5. Reviewing Pouic Pouic site as it was our best experience.
All suggestions were very good
First recommendation was Vagenende, a stereotypical brasserie. Food and service were good but not distinctive. Other suggestions were much smaller and seemed to be extensions of chefs particular interests. Limited but certainly adequate menu selections. Visited Pouic-Pouic, Le Christine and Mangetout. One should not be disappointed in any.
Returned to Pouic-Pouic after we didn't like the menu at first recommendation. Initially said that they had no space but recognized us from previous visit and found a table for us. Chef seemed flattered that we had returned. All 3 latter selections are quite small with exposed kitchens. Small friendly staffs with limited English. At PP had cucumber gazpacho with sweet pepper ice. Very special but could not identify ice. Host pulled down a picture of sweet peppers on iPad to show me. Pork tenderloin with ratatouille was excellent. Ordered one great unidentifiable desert to be split between us. Serve us two deserts but only charged for one.
It has often been my experience in France that any relationship between what you thought you ordered and what is served is purely coincidental but invariably good.
Pouic-Pouic was unique experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food was brilliant and it was a lovely place to spend our wedding anniversary. Servings were generous and we didn't have room for dessert!