“Great Evening at Pouic-Pouic”
Review of Pouic-Pouic - CLOSED

Pouic-Pouic
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: Discover Pouic Pouic, a brand new restaurant in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Pres, its surprising and delicious cuisine, cooked to perfection, made exclusively with fresh seasonal products. Take a look at its beautiful wine list where some of the best vintages are listed beside excellent small producers wines.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Tired after a days travelling we almost decided to cancel our meal. Good job we didn't as we had lovely meal from the moment we arrived. The front of house service we had was excellent, one of the best we've had. We received a warm welcome from whom we assume were the owners. They were happy to explain the dishes to us in English on how they were cooked and we were given a sample of the choice of 2 wines they recommended with our meals. The food was just as good as the service, the starter of king prawns and crushed tomato and radish salad was a delight and it just continued through the fillet of beef and fish dishes to the signature pudding of Mille-Feuille and a half cooked chocolate pudding. It was a wonderful experience but I must admit to one thing we don't like about it...........we live in Wiltshire and Pouic Pouic is located in Paris! We will definitely go back some day, and would highly recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Pouic-Pouic

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I ate here april 2014, and loved the food. The only bad part of this place is their inability to communicate with non french speaking customers, particularly with regards to the female waitress. From the start she wouldnt work with me on the menu, and just left the giant sign at our table for 35 minutes. Finally I waved her down to order some water, she was clearly ignoring us because of her being nervous to speak english! then our food came and my steak was rare instead of medium, I thought i was on a candid camera prank show, the steak almost had a heart beat it was so rare!! I sent it back, and my girlfriend ate alone, the one gentlemen told our waitress three times to bring me my steak, until finally he brought it himself, I had a few bites then left out of anger from the whole ordeal. In all fairness the food was great, but this waitresses service was literally appalling and embarrassing.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stumbled upon this gem of a brasserie for a midweek lunch, its proximity to the St Germain covered market being key. What a great experience. The waitstaff were friendly and patient with our pidgin French, the menu was interesting and the food divine. The white asparagus with Parmesan and truffle was the stuff of legend. I'd gladly eat here every day.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Loved food, service, ambience. Wish I knew what the name meant. I know it refers to an old slapstick French movie.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Five Yuma for Pouic-Pouic. I had beet ravioli, spouse had shrimp tartare both of which were exceptional. I had the scallops which were perfectly cooked and floating in a bed of puréed potatoes. Spouse had beef cheeks which waiter said were cooked for 10 hours and served in a very flavorful reduction sauce. Everybody was lovely there and spoke excellent English. I speak restaurant French but it's their restaurant. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food. As far as I can tell, Poic-Poic was a funny French movie.

1  Thank Lakshmi458