“Very nice moment”

Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: Discover Pouic Pouic, a brand new restaurant in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Pres, its surprising and delicious cuisine, cooked to perfection, made exclusively with fresh seasonal products. Take a look at its beautiful wine list where some of the best vintages are listed beside excellent small producers wines.
Paris, France
“Very nice moment”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Congratulation to the entire team, from the chef to the waiters. everything was perfect, the food, the atmosphere, the set up of the plates.
The wine list is also really good, and there is a list of really nice wines. I have to come back there to try them.
Last word if you are looking for a nice place in the city center, you have to go there.

• Visited January 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Appalling. ”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked this place on the strength of TA reviews, and was expecting good things. What we got was poor service, dreadful food and squashed into a corner for seating, right by the bar.

We ordered the 'fillet' steak, which wasn't fillet. I've eaten my share of fillet and this was, at best, rump. Stringy, chewy and undercooked, if I hadn't been starving it would gave gone back. The foie gras starter was no better, and we skipped dessert so as not to spend any more than we had to in this place. EUR108 for two courses and a bottle of average French plonk.

I can only assume that all the other reviewers have never eaten in any kind of restaurant before, and how this is, at time of writing, no.11 on TA restaurants in Paris is beyond me. I would place it slightly below a dirty McDonalds.

In a word ... avoid.

7 Thank youaremessedup
New York City, New York
“Talented cooks”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This very small restaurant serves excellent inventive dishes.
The sea scallops starter was served on toast which may have been superfluous.
The beef dish was tasty.
My fruit dessert was the real winner.
Attentive and friendly staff.
Main drawback is the lack of space which makes the place noisy and cramped.

• Visited January 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Fantastic, must-visit”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We "stumbled" across this warm, cozy, magnificently decorated restaurant while looking for somewhere to eat on the left bank. Lucky enough to walk in and be seated without reservation, we were then treated to an amazing dinner.

We leant on the specials - I've never tasted foie gras quite like that. Incredible to the last bite. The service was impeccable, the atmosphere great. You have to eat here, it's that simple.

Visited December 2013
“Amazing dinner”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Paris for a few days and found Pouic Pouic based on TA's review.

Amazing dinner. Cozy place with great service and super yummy food. The best meal we had in Paris. The Chef was friendly, nice and cooks one amazing dinner!

Super happy ;]