“Perfectly serviceable restaurant”

Cafe Restaurant Le Sarah Bernhardt
Reserve with
Cafe Restaurant Le Sarah Bernhardt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,466 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were in need of sustenance after a very long but enjoyable walk through Paris. We happened to pass this restaurant and saw that they had Andouillette on the menu - always a favourite of ours, so in we went. We were greeted by a friendly waiter and seated at the window. The menu was varied but we chose the Andouillette and Frites. The sausage was really tasty with the addition of some minced onion and a few herbs and it was well cooked and heated right through. The chips, however, were awesome. Light but crispy and somehow 'boat' shaped. Yummy. It was not the cheapest we have seen but given its location - near the Seine and 5 minutes from the Louvre - it was perfectly acceptable. The toilets were clean, however there were only two in the mens room, and one of them was a 'traditional' hole in the ground. I find these totally disagreeable.We would definitely re-visit when in the area next time. In some ways, 3 stars doesn't really do it justice, but 4 would be too much, so consider this a 3.5

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and a drink during our recent Parisian trip. We found the food to be above average and the service very friendly and helpful.

If you want fine dining don't stop here, but if you want good food at a decent price and with a smile then pull up a chair and order yourself some grub!

1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner after a visit to Notre Dame. Our server was helpful and friendly which was a blessing since we did not speak french and could barely understand the menu. Normal cafe items - Croque Monsieur and a few salads. Milk with syrup for my 7 yr old turned out to be xtra strawberry milk which he loved. Reasonable prices for Paris.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant after on the island checking out the La Santel Chapel.
For its location it is well priced

Has a large selection of French food and both English and French menus
Wait staff are very helpful, speak English and happy to offer suggestions.

When you order a drink the bring you nuts/chips as with some Europe bars/restaurants.

For lunch my husband had the special salad for 15.50EUR. A good price to pay for the location. We nick named it the Duck, Duck, Goose salad. it was really good. I had the Salmon steak with vegetables. Both meal portions were generous size and full of flavour.

We also had wine and beer both of which a good price and taste great.

We loved the seating an outdoor/indoor area. Tables in the sun under a glass roof so you get the view, warmth but not the wind.

Quick or long lunch a great place to stop

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant because we were exhausted after a day of sightseeing and it was very close to our hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the disposition of the waiter (one of two nice waiters we met in ten days in Paris). I felt the prices were reasonable for Paris - not over the top expensive. It wasn't amazing food, but it was certainly good. The one thing that was amazing here was the crepes. WOW! Very good! I'm glad I found this on the last day of my trip as opposed to my first or I would have been having crepes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks!