“A pleasant change in taste”
Review of DeliBay - CLOSED

DeliBay
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After spending a week in France, I needed a change and TripAdvisor didn't disappoint. This place is an absolute gem. Authentic Chinese food from Hong Kong, but they didn't shy away from France's excellent plating style; I didn't know Chinese food could look so good. To top it off, the owner is one of the most friendliest people I've ever met. My wallet also thanked me on the way out. They had a full course dinner for under 30 euros. I will definitely go back on my next trip to Paris. Thanks Kat!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

In a city with so many options, sometimes it is nice to do something different. DeliBay provides excellent food and good service at a reasonable price. Absolute recommendation

1  Thank mheijnen
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

After eating lots of mediocre western and also good French food, it was great to eat delicious Cantonese food. This place was easy to find, the service was quick, warm & friendly. The prices were also reasonable. Good value for money. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Helenz M
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Before arriving in Paris, my boyfriend made reservations for the two of us for the Saturday evening of our arrival. Though it wasn't packed when we arrived, reservations were probably a good idea. He made the reservations online in English through la fourchette.

The food was very good. The presentation was just lovely, and the owner (I presume) & wait staff were super nice. Though my boyfriend and I were prepared to bumble through the experience with our very limited French, we didn't need to because the staff's English was impeccable.

Great way to spend a Saturday evening!

Also the Riesling on the menu at the time was quite lovely. Ruhlmann - cuvee Jean-Charles 2010.

1  Thank Sparrowwing
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We went to DeliBay because of the reviews here on Tripadvisor, we wanted to meet this lovely woman that people mentoined and taste the japaniese food. It's a cosy restaurant, we got a seat by the fish tank and we loved it. The staff ( the woman and another woman) were just as lovely as we thought. The nicest woman we've met here in Paris. We've got some strange salad for pre-starter, it was very good. For starters we shared mixed springrolls, pork, chicken and shrimps I think, that was all very good. For main course I got the duck with japaniese pancakes - great! And my boyfriend got himself the pork with blackbean sauce and se rise and he loved it too. For desserts we got icecream - it was very good too. I wonder why we didn't see more people there, because it's so good restaurant! We are thinking about going again before we go home and when we visit Paris again, I'm just looking forward to go there!

1  Thank RoslinValdemars