“Remarkable”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #84 of 544 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Seattle
“Remarkable”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I went on a one-day and one-evening personalized tour with Sophie. It was exciting to have the one-on-one attention of a professional photographer who had fantastic teaching skills. Sophie was welcoming, letting me know that she was going to take care of everything and that my job was to enjoy, learn and take some fantastic pictures, and that I did.

As we moved from one venue to the next, I appreciated the historical information she shared. I appreciated the way Sophie introduced technical advice, the creative assignments she gave me and the way she gave constructive feedback. It was a treat to sit at lunch talking and receiving critiques of my photographs. The photos I took with guidance, instruction and patience are ones that I will continue to shoot towards. This experience is one that I will treasure. I highly recommend Sophie’s’ photo tours of Paris!

1 Thank KerrySeattle

Lancashire UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect way to see hidden Paris”
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Booked a half day walk around the Latin Quarter with Sophie and have no hesitation in recommending her tours. The booking on her website was easily managed with a comprehensive but flexible itinerary suggested by her.
For photographers at any level her approach is to guide and suggest rather than lecture. Her knowledge of Paris is extensive and took us to places we wouldn't have dreamed of going. My wife, who is a non-photographer, came along and was made most welcome, with Sophie including her with little snippets of information about the places we visited.
My only regret was that we didn't book a longer walk, definitely a must do for our next trip to Paris.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A perfect morning in Paris with Sophie”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

On our recent trip to Paris, my wife and I had arranged to spend a morning with Sophie of Better Paris Photos. As neither my wife or I have much experience with photography we were a bit nervous that we might not gain anything from this trip.

But boy were we wrong. Sophie was more then accomodating for 1) our skill set and 2) our desired intinerary (which she happily adjusted several times).

Starting the day in a beautiful farmers market, and then making our ways through small side streets and undiscovered neighborhoods gave us not only an excellent tour of Paris but also some great tips for photography.

Sophie's knowledge of both Paris and photography were more then we could have hoped for...we only wish we had more time with her.

Better Paris Photos is an excellent way to spend a morning, a day, or several days -- no matter what sort of photography experience or equipment you have.

1 Thank ClemsonTraveler
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Le Cordon Bleu for photgraphers! Magnifique!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I did the half-day photo tour, with my husband in tow. We met Sophie in the a.m. in Le Marais. From the moment the day started, we were just delighted. She showed me so much about the operation of my digital camera, and about composition, light, and more.

Her observations were priceless, and she was a delight in every way.

One of the highlights of our trip.

Chatham NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what we were looking for”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

My teenage daughter and I booked a private tour with Sophie our first day in Paris. What a great experience. She took us to a wonderful neighborhood filled with interesting photographic elements and worked with us completely on our level. She is professional yet approachable, very friendly and experienced. I highly recommend spending time with Sophie if you are interested in taking your photography to the next level.

1 Thank ADalziel