“A perfect morning in Paris with Sophie”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #61 of 580 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Reviewed April 24, 2010

On our recent trip to Paris, my wife and I had arranged to spend a morning with Sophie of Better Paris Photos. As neither my wife or I have much experience with photography we were a bit nervous that we might not gain anything from this trip.

But boy were we wrong. Sophie was more then accomodating for 1) our skill set and 2) our desired intinerary (which she happily adjusted several times).

Starting the day in a beautiful farmers market, and then making our ways through small side streets and undiscovered neighborhoods gave us not only an excellent tour of Paris but also some great tips for photography.

Sophie's knowledge of both Paris and photography were more then we could have hoped for...we only wish we had more time with her.

Better Paris Photos is an excellent way to spend a morning, a day, or several days -- no matter what sort of photography experience or equipment you have.

1  Thank ClemsonTraveler
"real paris"
"notre dame"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2010

I did the half-day photo tour, with my husband in tow. We met Sophie in the a.m. in Le Marais. From the moment the day started, we were just delighted. She showed me so much about the operation of my digital camera, and about composition, light, and more.

Her observations were priceless, and she was a delight in every way.

One of the highlights of our trip.

Reviewed April 20, 2010

My teenage daughter and I booked a private tour with Sophie our first day in Paris. What a great experience. She took us to a wonderful neighborhood filled with interesting photographic elements and worked with us completely on our level. She is professional yet approachable, very friendly and experienced. I highly recommend spending time with Sophie if you are interested in taking your photography to the next level.

1  Thank ADalziel
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I am a keen amateur photographer, who uses a SLR camera, but I have a lot to learn. My travel partner who tagged along is not 'into photogaphy' and uses a small compact digital with a great zoom. It doesn't matter what sort of camera you have, Sophie will help you go home with some very special images of Paris. We enjoyed a full day out with Sophie and then an evening shoot a few days later. In addition to walking away with some classic Paris photos, we have images of places we visited that we know we would not have found on our own and that was a real bonus.
Sophie is keen to help you get what YOU want out of your Better Paris Photos experience and she does some of this by gathering information from you BEFORE the tour and then again on the day. She is an excellent and very patient teacher and she readily picked up on things that I didn't realise I was doing 'wrong' and on things where I could use the features in my camera to help improve the end result. She was continuously providing hints and tips throughout the day. My friend who didn't really expect anything from the day, walked away with a great understanding of composition and perspective, so it was a really pleasant surprise and wonderful experience for her.
Sophie is very knowledgeable about Paris (it was like having a private tour guide). If you are travelling with someone who doesn't even have a camera at all, but interested in where they are or what else there is to see and do, they will not be bored.
This was a personal tour and I consider it to have been very good value for money, I certainly learnt a good deal.

1  Thank SthWestAussie