“No better way to 'see' & explore Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Better Travel Photos

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #70 of 513 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“No better way to 'see' & explore Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

I am a keen amateur photographer, who uses a SLR camera, but I have a lot to learn. My travel partner who tagged along is not 'into photogaphy' and uses a small compact digital with a great zoom. It doesn't matter what sort of camera you have, Sophie will help you go home with some very special images of Paris. We enjoyed a full day out with Sophie and then an evening shoot a few days later. In addition to walking away with some classic Paris photos, we have images of places we visited that we know we would not have found on our own and that was a real bonus.
Sophie is keen to help you get what YOU want out of your Better Paris Photos experience and she does some of this by gathering information from you BEFORE the tour and then again on the day. She is an excellent and very patient teacher and she readily picked up on things that I didn't realise I was doing 'wrong' and on things where I could use the features in my camera to help improve the end result. She was continuously providing hints and tips throughout the day. My friend who didn't really expect anything from the day, walked away with a great understanding of composition and perspective, so it was a really pleasant surprise and wonderful experience for her.
Sophie is very knowledgeable about Paris (it was like having a private tour guide). If you are travelling with someone who doesn't even have a camera at all, but interested in where they are or what else there is to see and do, they will not be bored.
This was a personal tour and I consider it to have been very good value for money, I certainly learnt a good deal.

1 Thank SthWestAussie

toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

Sophie's photography tour of Paris was both informative and entertaining. She shared her photographic wizardry not only with the most photographed landmarks of Paris, but also with some of the more unique areas "off the beaten track " - thus giving the visiting photographer a glimpse into life in Paris that one would not discover easily on their own . I came away with some new perspectives on urban photography, and some great shots of Paris !!!

1 Thank torontominnie