“photographing London & Paris”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #86 of 542 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“photographing London & Paris”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Interested in GREAT pictures of your trip? We were too, so .......
Hermione in London and Brian in Paris - couldn't have been in better hands to help guide us through two wonderful evenings of picture taking and camera use in two very different cities.
Both had a wealth of knowledge to share, each with their own style which simply added more depth to what we were taking away from each.
They showed us how to take the iconic pictures in such a way that made ours amateurish, and Hermione had a few tricks to share about effects which we also loved. Brian shared the beauty of water reflection. We will not take pictures the same way again.
Thank you Hermione and Thank you Brian. You are patient, knowledgeable, and delightful people and we loved spending that time with you learning everything you taught.
The company itself is professionally run and not a disappointment.
Would use them again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank J T
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your time with Hermione in London and Brian in Paris. We are glad you enjoyed the photo tours and learned different techniques from both photographers. Continue to practice, have fun with your camera and share your photos with us. We hope to see you again in the future, in Paris, in London, or both!

Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience with Hermione!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I found Sophie's information on Tripadvisor when planning our London vacation. She arranged for a night photo walk with Hermione, a delightful person and very creative. She was knowledgable about the area and offered excellent advice as we walked around Thames. Excellent experience!

Visited June 2014
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about the photo tour you did with Hermione in London. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again in the future, in Paris or London.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Stunning Anniversary Pictures!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I went to Paris on our honeymoon 3 years ago and have been back every year since! We absolutely love everything about it! The only problem is, we have no pictures TOGETHER in Paris (pictures that aren't "selfies" or taken by a random tourist)... So this year for our anniversary I booked Elena to take photos of us together the morning of our anniversary! We met Elena in the morning and everything went great! She was very warm and kind. It made the uncomfortable act of taking pictures so much more enjoyable. She said we would have our edited pictures in about two weeks and her e-mail came only a week later! We are so impressed with the photos! She is amazing and they look more like engagement pictures. I love them! If you are thinking about booking book NOW! You won't regret a second of it! Plus, Elena took us to some beautiful locations that we not on my list that are actually my favorite photos of the bunch!

Visited June 2014
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your very kind words about your time with Elena and about how much you like the photos you received. We are happy that you also discovered some new 'favourite' spots in Paris. We hope to see you again in the future, wether in Paris or maybe in London if you visit there.
Saskatoon, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect if you like photography and want some great tips!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I looked on Trip Advisor hoping to find a tour like this -- and Better Travel Photos is exactly what I was hoping for! I spent a half day with Elena, and chose the Classic tour since this was my first time on this kind of tour in Paris (although it wasn't my first time in Paris). The reviews that describe how knowledgeable the tour leaders are about camera settings, composition suggestions etc are right on. Elena was extremely well versed in quickly switching camera settings for different lighting and conditions. I have done 'photo hikes' or tours like this before in other places, and found this to be the best so far. If you are looking to combine some sightseeing with some great photography opportunities, this is the right company to book with!

2 Thank macgirl2014
BTP_London, Manager at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments with future visitors to Paris. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with Elena and describe it as the best experience compared to other photo tours you took with other companies in the past. This certainly means a lot to us!
Continue to have fun with photography and we hope to see you again in the future, in Paris or maybe in London.
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent half day of photography...lots of learning! Don't miss it!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I booked the half day Classic Paris tour with Nadia and it was wonderful! She taught me how to use the settings of my SLR and I learned so much, had so much fun, and ended up with some amazing photos! Nadia was very professional, and very patient with me when I had trouble remembering things (I recommend you bring a small note pad to take some basic notes....I forgot mine, but Nadia was nice to repeat things and was very kind). Thanks Nadia!!! Also, there was not too much 'walking' (my legs didn't get too tired), it was just right.

I would highly recommend this tour... I hope to be back to do a twilight tour.

Visited May 2014
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for your comments about your photo tour with Nadia. We are glad you learned a lot on the way and enjoyed your time. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, maybe for some night photography next time.