“A remarkable night tour with Elena”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #98 of 553 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Last evening I had my second photo tour with Better Travel Photos again. The reason I choose BTP again is because Elena is such a wonderful photographer. We met 2 years ago and it is so nice to meet Elena again.

She taught me how to use my camera wisely while taking photos at night. The photos we took together were wonderful and I really appreciated she lent her tripod to me. Without her tripod , I don't think I can took those wonderful photos. Taking photos at night has a lots of different skills from taking photos at the day time. I am so glad I asked Elena to teach me during my visit in Paris.

I believe this photo tour is going to be the highlight of my visit in Paris in 2014.

3  Thank DennyFu
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

It was great to welcome you again, this time for a night session. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future for more photography lessons and fun!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I booked Better Travel Photos for our honeymoon photo shoot in Paris and we were beyond pleased with the results. Our photographer, Elena, was punctual, professional and fun! She helped us feel at ease and as a result, our pictures were natural and spectacular! The turn around time to receive our photos was prompt. I love the fact that they sent the pics in a file that is easy to upload and share. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience. We are happy you enjoyed everything about it, had fun during the photo session with Elena and like your portrait photos too. We hope to welcome you again one day.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friend, Maz, and I had a fabulous morning walking the streets of the Marais with Nadia. We learnt heaps about our cameras and how to use them and saw a part of Paris we would not have otherwise ventured into. We were very pleased with the photos taken that day and put our new knowledge to use for the rest of our time in Paris. We can thoroughly recommend this tour to others and would readily do it again ourselves.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing your impressions with others. It is good to know you learned how to use your camera better and enjoyed your time with Nadia while exploring the Marais. Continue to practice, your new photo skills are good everywhere!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

While I have taken a handful of photography workshops, one even through National Geographic no less, I learned more in my two photo tours (all-day session and a night session) with Nadia than I had in all the previous workshops I took combined!!! I consider myself an intermediate photographer and know my way around the features of a camera, but Nadia's approach and hands-on instruction enabled me to learn so much in a short period of time. I am now more than comfortable shooting in manual mode and RAW mode--something I've shied away from over the years.

We spent the better part of the day doing street photography--which I had never done before and thought I wouldn't enjoy, but I did. I learned how to capture some great shots through panning and "ghosting" and am really able to look at how and why I shoot subjects with a newly formed perspective. I found myself looking at shots later in the vacation and wondering "what would Nadia think about this?" The photo sessions were one of the highlights of the vacation and helped not only to see areas of Paris I wouldn't have otherwise seen, but also took my photography up to the next level. Nadia is the best!!!!

1  Thank Rajj976
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your photo tour with Nadia. This means a lot to us! We are glad you enjoyed it, practiced some street photography and now have a renewed perspective on photography in general. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

(After years of using TripAdvisor, I finally signed up for an account just so I could leave this review of Better Travel Photos.)

I’m a “serious amateur” photographer. I’ve taken a few private photo tours in the past and wanted to do so again in Paris since I only had a few days there and was traveling alone. I usually figure with these tours that worst case I get a private tour of the city and best case I get a private tour and learn a few things about photography. I found Better Paris Photos (now Better Travel Photos) and signed up for an 8-hour private tour with Hermione. It redefined my “best case” — I got a private tour of the city, definitely improved my photography, was inspired by a real pro, and simply had a really fun day with a great host.

In arranging the tour I had emailed her that I was looking for “off the beaten path” as opposed to the standard locations like the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre. So she led me to alleys, little shops, covered passages, spiral stairways, and hidden courtyards. She taught me new techniques with my camera and unique ways to look at familiar scenes. At one point we were both sitting on the floor of a covered passageway snapping motion blurred photos of people walking by and then looking at each other’s screens to see what the other one captured. It was fun!

Not only did Hermione guide me around the city and guide me in my photography, but she truly was a teacher. When I was having trouble she was very patient and would spend as long as necessary until I had the shot I wanted, helping me find the right exposure, composition, and other settings on my camera. We sat and rested for a few minutes and she had me summarize what I had learned. She had studied a few of my previous photos before the tour and really paid attention as she was able to reference several in detail. She also has an amazing eye — I’m not easily impressed by photographers but she was able to see a shot (e.g., a street scene) and capture it before I even had my lens cap removed, and when I looked at what she got it was fantastic. With Hermione McCosh you are definitely spending time with a pro.

I would have never found the places we visited together or taken the shots I did without Hermione. By the end of the day I was happy and exhausted. It was the highlight of my entire trip.

3  Thank Ben B
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for making a special effort to share your comments with others. This means a lot to us!

We are glad you enjoyed the photo tour and advanced your photography skills with Hermione at your side while exploring Paris. Don't be shy, stay in touch and share your photos with us.

We look forward to meeting you again in Paris, or maybe in London.