“My Favorite Photos I've ever taken!”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #59 of 567 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I learned SO MUCH on this photo tour with Sophie. I not only learned how to use my camera much better on it's manual setting, but I also learned to not go for the expected angle or shot, but to take my time, take lots of pictures, think outside the box & always be observant. Some of my favorite pictures I've ever taken were on this tour. It made me a MUCH better photographer. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Paula R
BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you still use the photography advice we discussed and continue to have fun with your camera!

All reviews
"real paris"
"notre dame"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is the second year in a row that we've engaged Better Paris Photos. Last year we had Hermione once and Elena once. This year we had Hermione twice. Both are excellent. Besides being good photographers and good teachers, they have engaging personalities and it's fun to walk around Paris with them. We have some great photos we would never have taken without their help. Highly recommended.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments and for spending time with us in Paris for the second time. We are glad you enjoyed your photo tour with Hermione this year and hope to see you again... maybe next year?!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

What an amazing experience. Elena was wonderful - she very quickly got me comfortable with taking my camera off the "auto" setting with fabulous results. I would not call this a tour - it was more of a personal tutorial on night photography in the beautiful setting of Paris. I learned how to use my camera, including really understanding aperture, shutter speed and white balance. This resulted in a selection of beautiful photos from the evening but the photos from the rest of my trip were greatly improved as I applied the skills I learned with Elena. Elena was very knowledgeable and a great teacher - very patient and informative. I am so glad I read the reviews here on Yelp and booked for my first evening in Paris - it gave me the rest of the trip to play with my skills. Now I am trying to figure out how to come back for a workshop with Better Paris Photos.

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your recent night photo session with Elena. It is good to hear you were also able to apply what you learned during the rest of your trip. There is more to learn... We hope to see you again in Paris for another photo tour or for a workshop in 2014!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a night photo tour with Elena our second night in Paris. She met us at the Louvre and started with basic camera functions to get us out of auto mode. She explained the features in a non-technical way that made sense and really helped improve our skills. She also lets you decide what to photographic depending on what "moves you". She also wants you to think about what your picture is about. In that sense the pictures are more artistic and not traditional tourist photos. We took photos of the Louvre and then made our way to the holiday ferris wheel, Champs-Elysees and Seine. Over the rest of the week I constantly referred back to the pictures I took with Elena to review settings etc. We walked away with great photos and the knowledge to continue practicing. Highly recommend!!

BPPhoto, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your experience on the night photo tour with Elena. This is a special time in Paris right now with the ferris wheel in place for Christmas and it is good that you were able to capture it while practicing your new photography skills. Happy photography and warm wishes for the Holiday Season!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My 3 friends & I recently spent a wonderful photo morning with Elena in the Marais. What a terrific time!! Elena was patient and caring and we had great fun getting our cameras out of 'George Clooney' mode, as she laughingly calls the 'auto' setting :) From our original contact with Sophie several months beforehand, to our time spent with Elena, we were just so impressed by every stage of the experience. Sophie is a wonderful organizer and all our queries were answered so promptly. We only have one regret - that living in Australia makes it so far to go for a second session!!! Thank you so much once again, Sophie & Elena.
'The Ladies from Oz'

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, coming from Australia is a long way away... We are glad you enjoyed the photo tour with Elena and we hope you continue to have fun with photography!