“Suited me fine!”
Review of Luxelthe

Luxelthe
Ranked #28 of 136 Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here on a budget for two nights in early December. First impressions of the reception/stairway weren't great; but my room was clean, had free wi-fi (ask at the desk), a small flatscreen TV, and appeared to have been recently redecorated. The staff were helpful and friendly too and spoke English, and the hotel was only a two-minute walk (if that) from the Métro.

If you're looking for a cheap and cheerful room for the night (mine cost me around £45/night), I'd definitely recommend Luxelthe. Hell, I'm off back in March!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank jaffasaurusrex

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel based on the edge of motmartre,is a very clean buget place to stay in paris,at first as you enter the lobby area it does not have much appeal,but as you go up the spiral staircase,it is very bright and sunny.The staff and owners are pleasant and very helpful,the luxelthe is situated in a great area both pigalleand abbessess metro stations are just two minutes walk away.There are plenty of cafe's,bar'sand restraunt's near by,at under sixty euro's a night the luxelthe offers real good value.

Room Tip: a room at the back of the hotel enjoy a sunset,as the evening sun goes down.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank steverobert-12
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The manager was so polite and helpfull! Try to take the last floor that you will have a beautiful view. Small room, no lifts...not sofisticated place but with a good localization, next to subways and Sacre Couer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vivianaun
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for six nights in mid September. I think the hotel was fully booked. I had reserved a single room and it was on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel. It was a long walk up a narrow staircase with the baggage and then again at least once every day when returning after exploring Paris. The room was small and the bathroom even more so, but it was spotless. The WiFi reception was very strong and there were no issues there.
The owner and staff on reception were very friendly, chatty and helpful with directions.
The hotel is in a fantastic location. Just 50m down the street to the Pigalle metro, which is on two lines, so it was easy to travel in any direction into Paris. From the bottom of the street a bus route starts that goes to the back of the Louvre Museum too. 100m up the street is the Abbesses Metro and a post office. Nearby the hotel are bakeries, patisseries, cafes, bars, restaurants a supermarket and souvenir shops. I ate at a different restaurant each night and there were many to choose from.
While the area has the reputation of being a red light district, but I saw no evidence of that and I always felt safe walking around, even at night. Apparently the area around the nearby Sacre Coeur is notorious for pickpockets, as is the Metro, but basic precautions can mitigate the risk.
I thought the neighbourhood was like a classic old Hollywood movie set with all the narrow streets and outdoor spaces to eat and have coffee.
What was unexpectedly cool was the Carillion in Saint-Jean-de-Montmartre, the abbey at the top of the street, playing tunes (twice) on Sunday morning.
In all, a good value budget hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank HmmmAustralia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel is in a very quiet street in the just by Plaçe Pigalle, where you can take line 2 to almost any place in Paris. The staff is really nice and helpful and the room was incredibly clean, comfy and flooded with natural light. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The views from the fifth floor are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank totemae
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a good budget hotel if you're not fussy. The room is small but relatively new and clean. I don't mind the five floor of stairs as they kindly transport my luggage for me. The reason why cleanliness is average as a saw a couple of stains on the towels but didn't bother me significantly. Very quiet even if it is right at Montmartre. I didn't mind the seedy area as you don't even need to pass by those shops. The Metro was a 2 minute walk!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank bankergirl1016
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is very good for the price we paid (70 euros a night). Very good.

Located right at the top of the road facing the metro station, so great for transport. Also right near a bus station. Right down the road from Moulin Rouge (maybe a 5 minute walk, 10 if you are slow or want to take in the scenery of erotic shops).

I was worried about staying in this area due to its reputation but we felt very safe in our hotel and surrounding area.

The decor is dated, but our room was clean and looked like a relatively new bathroom. I think the hotel could enhance visitors first expectations by buying some new bedding and adding a lick of paint to the room.

The staff always spoke general English, the man who greeted us, i think owner or manager, was extremely helpful, taking time to take us outside and showing us where to go for dinner, advising us on getting about and warning us about pick pockets.

The maximum time we spent in the room was 10 hours, 8 of which we were sleeping. So if you are coming to Paris to see Paris and not a room, then this is perfect for you. Check out isnt until 1, which helped us massively as we went to the Louvre on our last day without worrying about our bags. The only reason i didnt give this 5 stars was because of the decor!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple