“An astonishingly mediocre meal”

Kitchen Galerie Bis
Reserve with
Kitchen Galerie Bis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
“An astonishingly mediocre meal”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After a wonderful lunch at Pierre gagnaire and general solid eating throughout the trip we opted for the tasting menus at kitchen bis. Big mistake. Among the 5 small apps 1 was good, 2 were not memorable and 2 were barely edible (fishy bonito and gazpacho that paled in comparison to a cold can of Campbell's.). 2 entres, the first a slightly overlooked (I suspect to mask the quality of the fish) piece of tuna, the second an inedible slab of pork fat. I'm not talking the delicately rendered purposely fatty type of pork, this was literally a tough piece of lard. The bride took a piece of mackerel that tasted simply of old fish. I suppose some like that type of flavor, not us.

Initially we thought oh, nice generous portions. Great. Then we quicky ran out of room on the plate to hide the unfinished (or barely started) food. Do yourself a favor and find a nice little brasarie or family run spot. You will have a much better time.

To put things in perspective, I have had so many great meals around the world and always think to myself "man I should go review that place to help them out.". And I've also had a fair number of complete rubbish experiences and though "man I have to caution the world." I haven't done either until kitchen bis gave me the inspiration and motivation necessary to make my opinion heard.

Avoid at all costs.

Grenada
“6 for diner”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We celebrated my wife birthday July 24. We took the "dégustation" menu and had a blast. We end up paying 90 euros per person with a drink and 3 bottles of wine. High quality of food, nice young and fun staff, English speaking as well. My American wife and French family all agreed this was a great spot. It was recommend by a friend of mine journalist in the food business. She was right. Next time I will try the older and more established one star Kitchen Gallery in the same street. We then took a walk to Notre Dame to listen street musicians. Great night.

• Visited July 2012
Nicosia, Cyprus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The starters which are a surprise are surprisingly good and the main course was excellent. The flavours and tastes are unique which makes this one of Paris' best finds. The wine list is also great. A must visit when in Paris!

Visited July 2012
sao paulo
“delicious dinner at a trendy and hidden spot”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

kgb offers a mouth-watering modern approach to french-asian fusion cuisine, in a small and trendy space hidden among tiny streets in saint germain quarter. helpful english-speaking staff serves lots of locals and few tourists in his little gem. don't miss the wonderful entrees (5 zors d'oeuvre)!

Visited June 2012
Vancouver,B.C
“Menu suggestion”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just get the tasting menu which can cost 60 euros but it's all so worth it. One of my favorite Waygu beef , was part of the course. In the end, less headache in choosing and we went home with happy faces , a full stomach:)

• Visited April 2012