“Great hotel with fancy features”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo
“Great hotel with fancy features”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

After reading all these postivie reviewes of Secret de Paris in here, we decided to stay here for a couple of night of our honeymoon. We were not let down in any way.
The staff is courteous, friendly and very serviceminded. Examples of the latter is the little guided tour of our "Musee d'Orsay" room we got upon arrival (fancy light settings, and TV hidden in foot end of the bed), and the help we got when we lost a few tickets underneath the TV.

Location is great, close to Montmarte with all its cosy shops and restaurants (and the Moulin of you're into shows), and a mere 10mins walk to Galleries Lafayette, the Garnier Opera an Printemps.

We ordered the additional breakfast which was well worth it. Fresh croissants (of course), baguettes, bread, cereals and youghurt. Even had some warm breakfast options.

Will absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, but especially couples.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Having seen all the rave reviews on Tripadvisor I had to try this hotel on a recent business trip to Paris. I was not disappointed. The hotel may have a quirky reception but my booking was instantly found and with no formalities I was immediately shown to my room. Each room is decorated in a style to reflect various tourist attractions in the city and I found there to be very adequate space despite some other reviews - Paris hotel rooms are always on the small side. The room was very well equipped with a large digital safe and good entertainment equipment. Most enjoyable stay and one hotel I am sure to revisit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the end of a trip around France and Italy with a platonic friend.
Everything was perfect with incredibly helpful and friendly staff. The hotel itself is so different to any other that I have stayed in and the designs are amazing. With a sauna, steam room and gym, I had a very relaxing stay. Even the lighting in the bedroom has three different levels.
The only problem I had was with the bathroom, dispite having a twin room, the bathroom was practically see through and the door did not close completely which was all part of the design. This would be fine had I been with a partner or girlfriend, but I felt extremely uncomfortable using the bathroom with my friend in the room. In the end I used the showers in the Fitness centre keeping my swimming costume on.
The location of the hotel is great, and a nice stroll to most places.
Car parking was about an 8 minute walk from the hotel.
Overall, apart from the bathroom an amazing place to stay and I would certainly go back if under different circumstances.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
England
Reviewed August 4, 2010

In Paris for just one night, cancelled Pavillion de la Reine at twice the cost and chose SDP based on Tripadvisor reviews, - very glad we did so. Service impeccable, from a very welcome cup of coffee at our 10 am arrival to being personally shown around our Opera themed room. Veronica took one look at the two of us (both over 6ft tall) and offered us the option of keeping the room immediately available or waiting until later in the day for one with a longer bath that seated two and providing luggage storage and shower facilities in the meantime. Everything brand new, themed rooms excellently done. Best use is made of limited space available - 19msquare but we were just fine. The "Infinity" lift is a unique touch. 3 metro stations within 5 minutes walk. A brilliant night's sleep, and yes the bigger bath was worth the wait. Thanks to Adis and Veronica for making us so welcome - nice to see a team so invested in the success of a new hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicky_and_Ross
London
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Spent a long weekend here and and can't disagree with most of the reviews below. The rooms are on the small side but are done very nicely and the bathrooms are top spec. Nice little touches like water and juice in the mini bar, filling up the toiletries, lending me an adapter as I had forgotten mine etc. all contributed to a lovely stay. The location is a bit odd, however €7 taxi from Guard du Nord station, you can walk into the centre in about 15 minutes and is 5 min walk from the Moulin Rouge and a tube station. Rooms very quiet.

There is a lovely deli on Rue de Clichy for breakfast. One tip - don't order a taxi from reception as it is €13 before moving - there is a taxi rank 2 mins walk up the road!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank londongirl44
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is beautifully-renovated and very unique. If you want a very different and fun experience, then I recommend it for its rooms, which are all themed around major Paris landmarks. We stayed in the Musee D'Orsay room and it was decorated with a giant clock, adjustable mood lighting, a remote control pop-up TV and a funky bathroom with jacuzzi jets. Everything about the room was very romantic and we were thrilled with it.

The hotel is gorgeous, but small. The only real problem I had with it was the location, which was primarily a problem when the Metro station down the street closed for service during our stay. I've been to Paris before, but was not familiar enough with the city to get around without relying on public transport -- taxis were difficult to get late at night, which made returning to the hotel difficult.

On our final night, the air conditioning, which had been wonderful during our stay, broke down on one of the hottest days of our honeymoon. It was a tough night, but the hotel was so apologetic about it. I am very doubtful this is normal for them.

Again, if you want a very unique experience for a good price, then I recommend it, but be advised that you will need to travel a bit to get to various Paris sights. We took a day to stray from the culture and museums and visit Disneyland, which was wonderful. About 40 minutes away by train. I highly recommend the excursion.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StephanieMKE
Reviewed July 21, 2010

stayed for 2 nights with my wife. Chose this because of reviews on Tripadvisor. Wasn't disappointed. Yes, a small room, but so what. It was quiet (noise is always my main issue), was amazingly equipped, breakfast was good, the staff were incredibly helpful, especially Veronica on the fron desk, and who also showed us to the room. Convenient to Metro stations.

Will not stay anywhere else in Paris. Its worth the few extra Euros/Pounds to have a good stay.
Looking forward to returning.
Thanks again to all the staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple