“Great hotel, great experience”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Slough, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here with the girlfriend for her birthday and had a brilliant time. We stayed in the Musee D'orsay themed room and it was great, quite small but extremely cosy with the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. We had a minor problem when we arrived at the Gard du Nord by eurostar when the private car I booked through the hotel didn't turn up, but upon arriving at the hotel the staff phoned them and it turned out the taxi company had a mix up and the staff arranged with them to pick us up for our departure free of charge!! The staff made us feel extremely welcome and were happy to help with any queries that we had. The bathroom was was really cool with the big bath, hydrojets and blue lighting and the rooms lighting scenarios were simple to use and set the atmosphere great. I just wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear wellieman, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Merci beaucoup for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, it will be my pleasure to share such positive feedback with the team. Since you couldn't stay longer, you have to come back :) We hope it will be soon!
With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We loved staying here. The rooms are extraordinary. The breakfast were great. It is a little far from all the main sights. Short cab ride but a long walk. Very nice spa and gym area. Beautiful hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Christine042058, we loved having you here :). Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and posting a review on Tripadvisor. Regarding sight seeing from our hotel,the Opera Garnier as well as the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre are 10min walking distance from here. Louvre Museum is 25min walking. For other sites, we have Metro and buses nearby that can get you anywhere in maximum 15 minutes. We hope to welcome you again! With kind regards, Caroline Canny
Indianapolis
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I spent 5 nights at the this hotel and could not have been more pleased with my stay. I was greeted by Caroline after a very tiring day. Caroline, the manager, was delightful and very welcoming. She not only welcomed me to the hotel and led me to my room but explained the hotel's concept and was forthcoming about vital information, including their willingness to help track down my luggage which had not arrived at the airport. The other staff was just as delightful. Willman especially was phenomenal in assisting me with dealing with AirFrance when they couldn't locate my reservation the afternoon before my flight home. Juan, early the next morning, was a bright spot in my send off from Paris. I truly cannot say enough about the staff. The room (Eiffel Tower) was small and the bathroom tight but I have no complaints. It was cozy and clean and just great by my standards. The towels were soft but the robe was not and one of the ties was ripped (if you care about such things). The location was fantastic! You can walk or take the Metro anywhere. You are in the heart of a neighborhood which lends more to a true parisian experience. I will return to this hotel for sure the next time I am in Paris. I have no reservations with recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If I hadn't had difficulties with my lost luggage I would have taken their offer to try a differ...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear ElsieBean, it is fantastic news to read that you will be visiting us again! I am very grateful for your review and thank you for your amazing words regarding the team. Be assured that I will share them with Willman, Juan and the entire team. Because several of our guests had the unfortunate experience of not having their luggage on arrival, we can help in getting information when it happens. Regarding the robe, well it is certainly not a minor detail to me! They should be as soft as the towels and we would have been delighted to change yours. See you soon in Paris!
With kind regards, Caroline Canny
London
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is a unique experience. Each room is supposed to give you a 'secret' preview of the inside of paris monuments. We had the moulin rouge, complete with red lighting, and museed'orsay complete with giant clock faces and jacuzzi.

Location is excellent, walking distance to the Arc De Triomph, and plenty of cafes around. Of course, like the rest of Paris, the rooms are small for what you pay for - and you pay quite a bit. Still, if you're going to spend it, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Musee D'Orsay Room has a jacuzzi
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traceler
Paris, France
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel is superbly situated to see Paris, near to the Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur you can walk or take the Metro to wherever you want. Hotel staff could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble, making us feel right at home! Breakfast a bit pricey but a great Boulangerie just down the road. My daughter and I had a great time and would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Moulin Rouge room 42 very dark and well insulated against noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 521Tots
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful hotel and very helpful and friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble. Our room was styled on Eiffel Tower with hydro shower room. All very clean and tidy and although small it is what you would expect from a boutique hotel. It was also extremely peaceful with virtually no noise from other guests or indeed from outside. Would definitely recommend - excellent!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scarlett R
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came across this hotel on tripadvisor & liked the look of it (& the price!) so decided to cancel our existing reservation at another hotel near the champs elysees & book to stay at SDP. What a great decision! We loved the hotel! I emailed a few requests before we arrived all of which were met with no problem whatsoever! The room was fabulous & although some may find it compact I think it was actually a very good size for a city hotel and for the price we paid! The real draw with this hotel is the staff though, they couldn't do enough for us, from simple things like remembering our names to making dinner reservations for us. One lady in particular was extremely pleasant and really made our stay, unfortunately I don't remember her name but I think she said she was from Moldova! I was travelling with my Mum who is very snobby when it comes to hotels & was very hesitant when I told her the location but actually we thought that it was a perfect location great access to the entire city via the metro, with 3 stations all very near by. It was quiet and peaceful at night and felt like a true Parisian neighbourhood. We could not fault this hotel and cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: We had an opera garnier room with a bath...perfect!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CocoCooper
Dear gmwhite, What a comment :)!! I am delighted to read that you and your mother had such a good time with us. The one and only lady from Moldova is Viorica, be assured that I shared your satisfaction with her. To be truthful with future travellers, prices in January are lower than prices in June as it is the low season in Paris! We look forward to your next visit. With kind regards, Caroline Canny