“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Paris, France
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel is superbly situated to see Paris, near to the Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur you can walk or take the Metro to wherever you want. Hotel staff could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble, making us feel right at home! Breakfast a bit pricey but a great Boulangerie just down the road. My daughter and I had a great time and would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Moulin Rouge room 42 very dark and well insulated against noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 521Tots

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. Beautiful hotel and very helpful and friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble. Our room was styled on Eiffel Tower with hydro shower room. All very clean and tidy and although small it is what you would expect from a boutique hotel. It was also extremely peaceful with virtually no noise from other guests or indeed from outside. Would definitely recommend - excellent!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scarlett R
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Came across this hotel on tripadvisor & liked the look of it (& the price!) so decided to cancel our existing reservation at another hotel near the champs elysees & book to stay at SDP. What a great decision! We loved the hotel! I emailed a few requests before we arrived all of which were met with no problem whatsoever! The room was fabulous & although some may find it compact I think it was actually a very good size for a city hotel and for the price we paid! The real draw with this hotel is the staff though, they couldn't do enough for us, from simple things like remembering our names to making dinner reservations for us. One lady in particular was extremely pleasant and really made our stay, unfortunately I don't remember her name but I think she said she was from Moldova! I was travelling with my Mum who is very snobby when it comes to hotels & was very hesitant when I told her the location but actually we thought that it was a perfect location great access to the entire city via the metro, with 3 stations all very near by. It was quiet and peaceful at night and felt like a true Parisian neighbourhood. We could not fault this hotel and cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: We had an opera garnier room with a bath...perfect!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CocoCooper
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear gmwhite, What a comment :)!! I am delighted to read that you and your mother had such a good time with us. The one and only lady from Moldova is Viorica, be assured that I shared your satisfaction with her. To be truthful with future travellers, prices in January are lower than prices in June as it is the low season in Paris! We look forward to your next visit. With kind regards, Caroline Canny
Sydney
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We three ladies stayed here for a week. From the minute we arrived till we said goodbye were treated like old friends, family. The staff friendly helpful nothing too much trouble. The ate a is close to Moulin Rouge which at first we were a bit concerned....but put that out of your mind the hotel is in a lovely street easy walk to theatres shopping cafes restaurants everything you need. Very safe fun area even walking at the wee hours of the morning. Highly recommend this hotel and location...loved every minute.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cristina106
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed here following a business trip - hence I arrived by myself and my husband arrived late evening. I was welcomed at reception and shown to my room, where I asked about nearby restaurants. Less than 5 minutes later I had a call to tell me they'd booked a table nearby and had printed a map off for me to pick up when my husband arrived. The restaurant was beautiful and exactly what we were looking for.

The following morning we were late for breakfast but they kept it open for us with a smile and the food was delicious. The rooms are lovely - nice design touches, comfortable beds, lovely bathroom. Location wise the hotel is near Place de Clichy and Moulin Rouge. We walked everywhere - the weather was beautiful and Paris is perfect to walk around.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. When we checked out we met Caroline, the GM. She was as friendly and warm as her staff, who are all a credit to the hotel. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LLeeson
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed here for three nights too. it was my wife's birthday and we came mainly to go to see the tennis at Roland Garros. As most other people have said the hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are small but very well laid out and clean. They are also very quiet with very little noise from other rooms or outside. Yes there is glass between the bedroom and bathroom but no big deal and actually a bit of a giggle.
Only addition for me would be a kettle in the bedroom.....minor miss.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Skydom
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Skydom, Merci beaucoup for your review! Happy to read you had a nice time with us and I hope you enjoyed Roland Garros (and that you were there during the sunny part)!
All rooms facing the streets are equipped with quadrupled glazed windows to make sure you sleep tight. Regarding kettles, there are available anytime on request, make sure to ask one to the reception during your next stay:). Kind regards, Caroline Canny
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We also stayed 3 nights in the Moulin Rouge room and rather agree with the comments re the bathroom - are we Brits just too prudish?! But - hotel in a great position. Place Clichy, Pigalle, Montmartre just at top of the road but rue Clichy itself quiet so no disturbed nights.Taxis and buses also at the top of the road so we took a bus everywhere so we could see the sights (get a carnet of tickets at the metro station. Bus no 68 goes to Opera and across the Place Clichy the no 30 goes to Trocadero via the Arc de Triomphe.) I downloaded the Telegraph App for Paris and it handily gives info by area as well as by price, to do etc. Recommend the Regalade Conservatoire on rue Conservatoire for dinner. We ate out for breakfast - loads of choices. Hotel staff brilliant and hotel itself spotless. Great place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank woodrot
Dear woodrot, thank you very much for sharing your experience as well as great tips for future travellers! There are indeed a lot of options for transportation right at the corner of the hotel including Metro, Buses and taxis of course. Summer is coming so the Velib (bikes that you can rent for a day or more) can also be an option for the more adventurous travellers :). Be assured that I will share your satisfaction with the team! I hope to welcome you again.
Kind regards, Caroline Canny