“A Dream fulfilled....although everything's a Secret.”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #22 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We just returned from a three night weekend stay in Paris. The first time for my partner and many years for me since I've been back. I wanted somewhere small and intimate."The Secret" delivered everything I could have wanted and for my partner in particular, being her first visit. I found it on Tripadvisor.It had good ratings and all I will do now is to add to the already enviable scoreline. The pre-arrival service was outstanding as I was able to book two restaurants through Reception in advance of our arrival. It was so easy and the response rate equally as fast. No matter we ended up cancelling one of the bookings for the Sunday night and found somewhere local to Montmartre.
The first option was to book an Eiffel Tower room but we changed this to a Moulin Rouge with a Love Box thrown in, and it was a good decision to have made. The room was not big but then this is Paris, right? Nevertheless we did struggle a bit with the wardrobe space and somewhere to put our luggage. Neither are there any tea/coffee making facilities in the room so we fell back on room service for the early morning tea and coffee and this worked OK. The bathroom was small but functioned well with an amazing shower (no bath), which had body jets as well as a rain shower and a hand-held spray. The lighting system was equally as sophisticated with red bulbs in every lamp, all of which could be adjusted to just about any level you needed to create the mood for the moment.
We opted to have breakfast in the hotel lobby each morning, which was perfect although possibly more expensive than going outside. It's possible to order food through the hotel reception but this will be supplied by an external caterer.Time was short so we opted to take an open top bus tour around the city. There's a number of routes to choose from and it's easy to hop on and hop off whenever you want to and also to use more than one route in any one day. So we lingered at the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and the Champs Elysee.
The hotel is well placed and midway between Opera and Montmartre and there are a number of local bars and restaurants on the doorstep if you didn't feel like straying too far in the evenings. But just a ten minute walk will get you to Montmartre with more than enough night life including the Mouiln Rouge.
There are just 29 rooms in this hotel but the approach to the decor and service standards make it every bit a 5 star experience. Given the chance, we will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: For a specially romantic weekend it has to ba a Mouiln Rouge...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear PapaLen, thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of your experience with us & in Paris! I am delighted to read that you had an overall 5* experience, be assured that I have already shared your satisfaction with the team. Although we do not have a courtesy platter in room, we can bring tea & coffee to your room 24h/day. I am also very grateful that you mentionned the pre-arrival concierge service available, some restaurants are hard to book and it is great to receive your booking requests prior to your arrival! To future travellers: I recommend you do the same as PapaLen :). We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Caroline Canny

There are newer reviews for Hotel Design Secret de Paris

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We booked a trip for my husbands 40th birthday so we wanted something special & we got it with our whole experience in Paris. The Eurostar was brill and meal and wine was very much welcomed along with the fab staff. Upon arrival to the hotel we were very pleased with the location and the external look too, when we checked in the staff were amazing and took lots of time to show us around the hotel and tell us their little stories regarding decor etc, this was a great touch. Our room was the 30's themed and we had a lovely hot tub too. We had breakfast every morning as there was a very good choice and the staff were quick to ask if you wanted anything additional added to it. the use of WIFi in the hotel was a great bonus too. The Metro system was very easy to use with atleast 3 statins within a 2 min walking distance. There is plenty to do in Paris, we visited the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Paris ST Garmin stadium, St Chapel and Notre Dame, I would warm you to make sure you take a comfy pair of shoes as you will be doing lots of walking. There are lots of good restaurants but our most enjoyed was called Chez Clement.

Room Tip: There are many checks of room and in my opinion it would come down to personal choice... But from wh...
3  Thank ellen m
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Ellen, it was a great pleasure for the team and myself to read your review! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. A 40th birthday is certainly one to remember and I am delighted that we could contribute to a memorable week-end in Paris. We hope to welcome you again. With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed ten nights for our 20th Anniversary and were treated to some of the best service and hospitality I have experienced anywhere. Vi and William deserve special mention as they were so helpful and friendly. The hotel was small and yet afforded us the ultimate in privacy as we rarely saw other guests. The decor was gorgeous (I loved the fresh flowers during the day and candles at night). Vi gave us the option to stay in different rooms and so we tried the Musee d'Orsay, the Trocadero and the Artist's Studio - all were outstanding in their own right and had amazingly comfortable beds and pillows with lovely soft towels in the bathroom. The extra special touches - like when we found beautiful Easter eggs in our room on Easter Sunday - made this the stand out hotel it is.

Room Tip: All rooms have sound proofing from the street so are exceptionally quiet and all of the rooms on the...
3  Thank Marno_13

Dear Marno_13, we miss you already!! I can easily speak for the entire team by saying that we felt very lucky to have you as our guests for 10 days. I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review & your kind words were passed on to Vi, Will and the entire SDP team.
We hope that you will be coming back all the way from Sydney in the future! With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights for my wife's birthday. What a good choice of hotel, having last been to Paris over 40 years ago!
Firstly, the staff could not have been more friendly or professional. Nothing was too much, from booking taxis and the theatre, translating with excellent English (although I did try).
A gift for my wife in our room on her birthday - a lovely touch - and a glass of champagne each while waiting for our taxi for our night river cruise and meal.
The room was very comfortable and classily themed with a lovely bathroom.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of our friends and family.
Great central location too.
Regards to all the staff.
M & L
Portsmouth UK

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C

Dear Mark, it was a pleasure for the team and myself to welcome you on such a special occasion! I am very happy that we could contribute to making this moment a memorable one for you and your wife. Be assured that I have passed on your kind words & appreciation of the service to the team. Thank you very much for choosing Secret de Paris, we hope to welcome you again soon. With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just spent 3 nights in this fabulous hotel and everything was perfect. The staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. If you want to visit any of the famous sights then ask the staff to arrange it for you and they use a very good company and your tickets are delivered right to your hotel so you avoid all the long queues. The rooms are spotlessly clean and we loved the mood lighting - so romantic! The hotel was also very quiet at night- no doors slamming or noisy guests returning late at night and even though we were next to the lift we never heard it at all. Also made use of the sauna - ask the staff and they will switch it on for you and it only takes 20 minutes to heat up - excellent after a long day walking.
Didn't have breakfast in the hotel as there are a lot of local cafes and also many bistro's for evening meals within a few moments walk. But did have late night drinks in the bar and this was delightfully served by the staff.
When we return to Paris this hotel is top of our list - must remember to book early as it is very popular.
Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so fantastic.

Room Tip: Had a Musee d'Orsey room - loved the clock and the bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tiggyblue, Greetings from Paris! And thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. The team and myself are very happy to read that you had a good time and enjoyed the facilities and service offered. Buying the entrance tickets for the main Parisian landmarks is indeed a very good tip for future travellers :) Your time in Paris is too precious to waste it in the waiting lines! For your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly via email, we may have the last rooms avaible in direct. I look forward seeing you again, with kind regards, Caroline Canny.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This boutique hotel is a delight. Small in size but huge in customer service and satisfaction.
We stayed here three nights. Each of them enjoying one of their nicely designed rooms.
We have been treated with love and care since we stopped by the reception and William, at the front desk, explained us the secrets of the hotel with a very warm welcome. A place to recommend. A place we'll get back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear MisterDeBeCe, Merci beaucoup! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our small Secret :) and even more that you will be visiting us again in the future! I hope it will be soon, Willman and the team will be here to welcome you and take the same care of you during your next visit! With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My family recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. We wanted to avoid a big box hotel and have something a little more local and unique. This fit the bill. Thought the rooms are small they are very well decorated and appointed…..all have different Paris themes. The folks working the front desk also spoke great English and were always very helpful. Location is good and close to the Metro. The rooms are probably directed more at adults as my teenage boys thought they were geared a bit more for adults, but they thought they were funny.

Room Tip: All seemed good to us. They let you move to other rooms if your stay is long enough to experience t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FamFunIllinois

Dear FamFunIllinois, a little note to thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured that I will share your kind words about the service with the team. A big hello to all your family from our team! Kind regards, Caroline Canny