Hotel Design Secret de Paris
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$230
$198
$168
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$294
$224
Orbitz.com
$400
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,715 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathmoulin rougethe musee d'orsay roomopera roomeiffel toweratelier d'artisterain showerlighting systemopera garnierour honeymoonrose petalsromantic stayrooms are smallchange roomsamazing hotelthe hotel staffwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We usually stay on the Ile St. Louis but wanted to try somewhere different this time.We saw the great reviews on here so decided to try the hotel and new neighborhood.We loved both the hotel and neighborhood! So much more real and less tourist! Great for shopping,eating and walking.Loved our room too,the Atelier room.Our only problem was on and off internet service.Also loved the Sauna,Steam and Exercise room.The staff was super friendly and helpful,especially with restaurant recommendations.Would return again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AndeeFeldman
26609991, Réception at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear AndeeFeldman,

We are so proud to become your « new favorite »! We are really grateful you shared your impressions on TripAdvisor. We do hope, that thanks to your review, other travelers will find us.
My apologies for the on/off wifi, the technician came and it has now been fixed.

We really hope to see you again

Marie Laroche

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in lots of Hotels in Paris and this has to be one the the nicest for the price. Was afraid at the start that it might be too much of a gaud fest but the hotel is decorated in good taste.

Our room Opera was nice but small however this is the case in most hotels in Paris. It had a flat screen tv, stereo with mp3 options, nice lighting a decor. Bathroom was also small but had a nice rain shower and a jacuzzi bath ( fits 2 ! ), also had complementary water and organelle juice included.

Staff also very nice and if I had one complaint it would be that they spoke English to us too much ( we're in France after all ). Good breakfast and although we didn't have time to use the Gym, Sauna or steam room it looked very good.

Finally had a drink at the bar in the evening and taught the wine menu could be better, would be nice to have the option to buy wine by the glass but otherwise good hotel, well run and in a very good location in Paris.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Morrib2,

Thank you for taking time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure for us to greet you and make you discover the room-concepts of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the services we offer.

Regarding the Wine Menu, we are currently working on a new Menu for our Bar and we will definitely offer wine by the glass as an option! We hope to welcome you again later this year to make you discover this!

To conclude in French :-) Merci d'avoir séjourné à Secret de Paris et c'est promis, moins d'anglais lors de votre prochaine visite!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at SdP for four nights at the beginning of January and we absolutely love this place.
We were greeted by Willman (I think that's his name) who took care of our suitcases before giving us a guided tour of this beautifully decorated hotel. It was reassuring to see the amount of detail that had gone into every corner of the design; if you're looking to escape the homogenous premiere inn type hotel, you've come to the right place.
The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating, the location is easily walk-able to any of the major sites (the moulin rouge is 5 minutes around the corner...if that's your thing) and the facilities are brilliant.

Room Tip: We opted to stay in the "opera" room for our entire stay, although it is possible to swap to a different themed room at no extra cost. I think they called it "touring the sites" or something along those lines. It's a nice idea and they make it hassle-free but we were happy to stick with our double jacuzzi bath!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie C
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Charlie C,

Thank you very much for a fantastic and very rewarding review!
It was Willman's pleasure to introduce the secrets of the Secret to you and your beloved one.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in 2014.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I surprised my partner with a Trip to Paris for Xmas. We stayed 2 nights at the 'Secret de Paris' Hotel in late December. Right from booking this Hotel through to check out the service I recieved was exceptional. Always on hand via email discussing my requests on my booking through to helping us plan things whilst in Paris. The staff I have to say were perfect. Willman in particular deserves a mention. Checked us into our room with a little story about the "secret" of the hotel.... shhhhh I cant tell you. and was helpful throughout.

Very friendly front staff, speaking perfect English. Hotel itself was located 10 mins walk from Moulin Rouge, 10/15 mins work from the Grand Shopping store Galeries Lafayette. There were other reviews that said the location was poor. Granted I would have liked to have been more central to Paris but the Metro stop was just up the road and this makes moving around Paris very easy. a short walk from Montmartre and just around the corner from Liege Metro station.

I requested a Opera Garnier room and as requested was shown to this room. Lovely Room... small but romantic. Complimentary water / Orange juice in the fridge finalized this luxurious room. The bathroom is small but lovely and boasts a Jacuzzi bath with seating for two and a ceiling waterfall shower.

Breakfast was included in the price and was lovely... well needed ready for the long day walking around Paris. Good selection of Pastries and cereals etc. plus they give you a choice of bacon and eggs and hot drinks. All cooked to perfection. Free Wifi for the hotel although its not very strong in the room we were in (3rd Floor Room 36), but who needs to be on the phone when your in Paris.

Ordered room service on the Saturday night... champagne to the room for the partner whilst she had a relaxing bath... when in Paris I said to myself. and one night we wanted some water and we rang down and they bought some up straight away.

Overall, an amazing hotel if you can get a good deal. Staff were faultless, and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Paris. Great experience and just made my Partner's surprise complete.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Studio151_Sam

Dear Sam,

It is lovely to read that the team contributed in creating a great surprise for your partner! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel and for all your kind words about the team. Be assured that I will pass them on to each one of them!
We had a little bit of Wifi troubles in late december 2013 and I apologize for the inconvenience. It has now been fixed and room 36 has as much signal as any other room!

For your next stay, I would suggest our Artist room, a larger room but also equipped with a bubble bathtub!

With kind regards

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the 'Secret de Paris' Hotel in December.

Perfect:
- Very friendly front staff, speaking perfect English. They were very helpful in making reservations in restaurants (even got a reservation for 'Bistrotters' for the same night, which is kind of impossible, thank you so much!!) and giving us tips for sightseeing. Due to our several nights stay, they even asked us if we wanted to switch rooms for the last night, to experience another one of their beautiful theme rooms.
- When they learned that it was my birthday, they surprised me with a wonderful rose and birthday wishes. Great!

Good:
- Location is good, with various bistrots and metro stations nearby.
- Rooms are on the small side, but clean, modern, and beautiful.
- Quality of breakfast buffet is good, they also serve freshly prepared (scrabbled) eggs.

Room for improvements:
- The variety of bread served at the breakfast buffet could be improved
- Also one of the entrances is directly located in the breakfast seating area. This was not aggreable, as the cold air came in whenever other guests stepped in- or outside the hotel. We wondered why they did not close this particular entrance during the breakfast hours.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moritzchicago

Dear Moritzchicago,

I really appreciated your very structured and constructive feedback, thank you for that! I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience and that the team could work some magic with Bistrotters :-).
Your suggestion for more variety of bread at breakfast is duly noted.
As for the entrance located in the breakfast seating area, we normally do not allow guests to exit through this door during breakfast hours, for the exact reason you mentionned. I will reinforce it with the team!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.