“Great concept. Great staff. Great place. ”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great concept. Great staff. Great place. ”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent our mini honeymoon in Paris. I picked the SDP because of the quirkyness of the concept and reviews on TA.
On arrival we were greeted by Willman. What a guy could not have done more for us. He took so much time explaining the facilities and the gadgetry in our room as well as the room change concept.
Once we had settled into the trocadero room which was great. The bath was tremendous. The great thing with all the rooms is once the windows and curtains are closed its like your in your own little cocoon. Dark, silent and very cosy.
We then sampled the hotels wine list we were not dissappointed. Willman again took a lot of time to advise us on where to go, how to get there and even the type of metro ticket to buy. As it was early friday evening when we arrived Willman told us about a view point near Sacre Coeur that has the best view over Paris. How true. Sat as the sunset over Paris enjoying fine food and wine what better way to start the honeymoon.
We changed into the Eiffel Tower room for our last night, beautiful room amazing mutiljet shower.
The rest of the hotel facilities are sauna, steam, gym (not that i used it but they looked good) the bar was a very relaxing area.
The breakfast was varied and plentyful.
I have made a lot of Willman and the help he gave us, but im a big believer in first impressions and the help and friendliness we arrived to was top level service, which the rest of the staff never let drop throughout our stay.
We would and have already recommended SDP to anyone.

Thank you to all at SDP.

Mr & Mrs K Jones.

2 Thank KevNBex
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear KevNBex,

What a great time I had reading your review of our hotel! Willman was sincerely touched by your kind words about his service and is delighted that he could contribute to making your mini honeymoon maxi special :)

From all of us at SDP: THANK YOU! And please come again.

Caroline CANNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited the hotel for a romantic weekend away, initially I feared we made a mistake when dropped off by our taxi, once inside I cannot rate it highly enough! The staff, the rooms, everything was right! Great location as well!!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Psmith81
Ipswich, UK
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just got back from a romantic 2-night stay in Paris and would thoroughly recommend Secret de Paris. It is located a little way out from the centre of Paris but everywhere is easily accessible via the Metro plus the Sacre Coeur & Montmartre are only a 10minute walk away.
We stayed in the Tour Eiffel room on the 5th floor which we found was perfect - we were offered the chance to experience one of the other themed rooms but decided we'd save them for next time! The room was big by European city standards and very well equipped (comfy bed, massive TV) with a great bathroom complete with rainfall shower and Jacuzzi bath.
The staff were also incredibly helpful, providing advice and suggestions about where to go, where to eat etc.
We enjoyed being in a different area of Paris from previous trips and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank markinsuffolk73
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Paris was our first stop for our honeymoon and as you can imagine excitement and expectations were high. This hotel however did not disappoint. I want to give a special mention to the staff Caroline and Willman who were very attentive, helpful and went out of their way to help make our stay in Paris comfortable and enjoyable.
The rooms were well serviced and I particularly liked how they promoted the city of Paris and the various icons that make Paris what it is for example, the Eiffel tower, Muse dorsay etc.
The staff even allowed us to change rooms every day to get a feel of each themed room which was amazing.
Would definitely recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Personally loved the Moulin Rouge room. Had a bigger bathroom and a better ambience
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gia S
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Gia S,

Greetings all the way from rainy Paris! I am so thankful that you chose Secret de Paris on such a special occasion and I certainly hope that your entire honeymoon trip was memorable :)
Willman and myself were very touched by your kind words and we are glad that we contributed to good memories of Paris.
I realise that the trip from Australia is a very long one but I really hope that we will see you again during your next European trip!

Sliema, Malta
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent rooms, location, this may be the best hotel I ever stayed in in Paris. I like the room themes, really a fantastic notion! Excellent room service, excellent room standard! I gladly recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janice B
Arlon, Belgium
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Secret de Paris is not only wonderful as concept design, but in any particular aspect of accommodating their guests, the staff is always ready to help you with everything. Every room has a theme, you could be sleeping at Moulin Rouge, Eiffel Tower, Opera Garnier etc. the rooms are soundproof, there is a wonderful sound system, free wifi, you have a jacuzzi or a rain shower in the bathroom, all Azzaro toiletries, you can reserve the spa for yourself anytime you wish and the list can go on, as there is a lot of care for all the details. The location of the hotel is central and convenient, walking distance from the opera and most of the theatres. And there is also the great staff, you feel really welcomed, they will speak your language and try to help in any way (for example I had to re-edit some documents and print them, I wasn't able to do that from my mobile device, the staff borrowed me a laptop and after editing I could wirelessly print my documents! Where else in a hotel you could do that?)
I believe that Secret de Paris deserves all the good reviews, this was the second time we've stayed there, it is our favourite hotel and we'll definitely come back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CristinaH414
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Your kind words, your appreciation, your satisfaction are by far the best gift to the team. Dear Cristina, I can't tell you how much we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Two words: THANK YOU!!!

I hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Booked the hotel for a long weekend in Paris after reading several excellent reviews here on tripadvisor. Even with high expectations both me and my wife were pleasantly surprised.

The rooms are of very high standard and the hotel as a whole is gorgeous, setting a very romantic mood. Even more so, the staff was incredibly nice and just made the whole stay perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple